took a kid for a ride tonight

-

racerkilla

Reaction score
a customer of ours that lives down the road stopped in tonight with his 10ish year old son. he was looking my purple formula s over like crazy. noticed the nitrous bottle in it. been in garage all day cleaning it for parade tomm. well he asked for a ride so i took him. theres a bit of rubber on the quaters now. Kids face was priceless and the smile.

he will never forget that ride and he will talk about it the rest of his life
good job for u taking the time for the little ones

i know it, i remember being 6-7 and my dads friend took me in his 340 duster about midnight after my dad and him got in back together. felt so fast to me.

the kid i gave a ride to tonight was a kid i fixed his little 110 dirtbike. the shifter broke inside the case. dealer told them 400 to fix it. i took it apart welded/fixed it in my free time and brought it back to him. he had 60 bucks for me. i told him keep it and no bill if i could ride it for a bit. haha

Not only will he remember the ride you took him on, but I bet 30 years from now he'll be telling stories about the cool guy who lived down the street that got him hooked on hot rods. Job well done!

his family is very straight foward. 2 brand new cars, super nice house, church, bed time.... and for him to go in old cuda was un real to him. also all my snowmobiles, quads are pipped so now asking me if i can pipe his dirt bike. if your nice to others you get it back sooner or later.

Great job! That little guys got a new hero now and a new love for Mopars!!!
Years ago, when I was building my old '69 Dart as a racecar, we fired up the motor (uncorked of course) in the driveway to break in the cam. I never realized there were so many kids in our neighborhood. My driveway was full of bikes and kids with big ol' smiles.

THAT is EXACTLY how my LOVE for cars started ... and my career with cars to this day ... This thread gives me chills ...
it all started with a Chrysler worker directly across the street from my dads house ... I would help this guy work on his cars every free time i had , and as a reward he would take me for a ride in his cars ... The list of cars i took a ride in at a young age were endless >>> 340 Demon , numerous 69/70 AMX 390/401 , 69 Mach 1, 68 Charger , Avanti , TR6, TR7, Vega 327 , Alfa spider , kit cars ...a few that come to mind...

Racerkilla Thanks for keeping the hobby alive!

is how i got into cars, i remember driving around with my dad in his 6 pack cuda and how many people even 10 years ago would wave, thumbs up, talk. attention. to this day i remember a new corvette at the time comming side by side and my dad putting it to the floor and vette never passed us. i told the ryan (kids name) to come up more often for a ride in all my cars. told him grades have to stay up.

even being in the garage and what not i still graduated in top 5 of my class in 2006. setting an example for the kids that come here.

all it takes is one ride.

it's great you did that for that kid, now you have a new young gun on the block:cheers:

Good job!! Keepin the hobby alive for future generations!!

I took my 12 year old nephew for a ride a couple years back. We went across some wet pavement in a parking lot, so I lit them up for a short bit. He about crapped himself! Kids today are so used to their generic cookie cutter cars that insulate them from the outside world. We had the windows down, the tires squeelin, and the exhaust roaring! He still talks about it to this day!

This is actually why my Pop bought his '54 Ford 4 door. Figured he'd be able to pile more folks in and get them interested in the hobby. It's no hot rod, but it is a fun ride.

Good for you racerkilla! I bet he will be looking for some real muscle from ma mopar and not some coffee can exhaust ricer.8)

Back in the late 70's a friend of my brother took me for a ride in his Charger. He smoked the hides all the way down the street. I was hooked.=P~

What a great story, that's how it's done, that's the way to do things!
You da'man racekilla!

Now this is what I'm talkin about !!!Take a hand,open a mind and touch a heart !!!Best remedy I've heard in a long time !!!On the way home from school one day,a man was working on his Model A.When he saw me he asked if I wanted to look closer?Oh hell yeah I did!!He just got done tuning it up and asked if I'd like to start it? Again,oh hell yeah.As I used to watch Mom and Dad start theirs, I knew what to do,I THOUGHT.It didn't start just by turning the key,and all I could think of was oh chitt I broke it on him!!Then he chuckled,and told me I needed to step on the little button on the floorboard !What a relief when it did start !!The thrill of a lifetime,PRICELESS !!!And then,some 40 years later while visiting my mother in Lake Panassoffkee,I needed to stop and fill up my truck.What's parked on the other side of the pumps ? A 1914 Ford Model A Pickup truck !!!FLASHBACK !!!! So we started admiring each others trucks,and I just had to relay the same story to the guy.He let me jump in and start his truck too !!!Pull down the spark retard lever,push up the throttle lever and push the starter button on the floor !!DAAYYYUMMMMM,I wonder just many childhoods one man should be allowed to have !!!ALL OF THEM SO FAR,PRICELESS !!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

-
Back