Transporting an engine

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Picking up my 241 Hemi next month in Washington and bringing it back to Arizona. I’d like to secure it to an engine cradle. I’m no carpenter. Anyone have any ideas on building one. It’s probably simple, I’m just overthinking this. Any help would be appreciated.

Picking up my 241 Hemi next month in Washington and bringing it back to Arizona. I’d like to secure it to an engine cradle. I’m no carpenter. Anyone have any ideas on building one. It’s probably simple, I’m just overthinking this. Any help would be appreciated.

How I Made My Engine Dolly

I'm a Carpenter by trade. That's said, a Tire works, with a ratchet strap some 4x4s don't hurt, maybe grab the cordless impact and some 2x6s along with some long torx head screws. Don't over analyze it or over think it. Might be better to wait till ya get there and have it hanging, then see what ya got. Without dimensions and measurements of the mill, it's kinda "eh" Probably a tire and the straps.... you'll get it Man

I always just set them in an old tire. But I'm not very fancy. Got a 383 to haul next Tue., 7 hours Texas time.

i transported a full 440 long block with alternator, PS pump and big twin AC compressor sitting in a tire with a couple if ratchet straps in our Dakota from MA to VA.

Tire and straps

0EB77C74-836A-43E8-A77E-98ED7AC40911.jpeg

An old pallet, an old tire, and a ratcheting strap or two is all you need unless you are concerned about a pretty paint job already on it.

Heres what I did. Kinda hokey but I didn't have a tire and needed something quick. I put one screw through the 2x4s then pulled the side boards to the pan with the strap. Then put a second screw on each end to lock the side boards under the pan rail.

IMG_20220801_195147628.jpg

I use on of KrazyKudas rigs. They are easy to make. I put wheels on mine, and use 4 tie downs, to hold it in place.
Works for me.

Dave

Take a 4x4, 2x4, maybe a 2x6, screws, sawzall. Figure it out when you get there.

-
Back