Trick flow

-
Reminds me when Holley did this with reproduction 460/429 finned valve covers at SEMA, a board member called and asked when they could order a set, the salesmen replied "we're going to see how well the small and big block Chevy ones sell first....."

5774038A-AFD7-47CB-9B30-89670589B4E2.jpeg
D747BD39-7255-4B8A-B8AE-689885194704.jpeg
5774038A-AFD7-47CB-9B30-89670589B4E2.jpeg
Man talking about keeping things a secret. I’ve talked to these guys every year at the Halloween Classic telling them our need for a small block head. Last week I talked to them again and he said it would be years. Lol. I can’t wait to get a set in my hands to check out

Could this be the secret Ironmike has been keeping. Hmmm. I'm a dealer and they haven't breathed a word of it to me.

Looked like some nice flow rates for an out of the box head. Way better than Eddy,s. Lets hope they dont tack 200 dollars or more onto the price for a set of comparable ford of chevy heads.

Man I hate to be a "negative Nancy" on this because I love the Trick Flow product line but boy they stopped short on this one.(190 cc runner) I can only hope they follow up like they did on the big block head starting with a 240 cc runner and then offering the 270 cc head. This head is begging for a 2.05 valve in its current form and ProMaxx heads can be bought cheaper and with some added expense flow 315 PLUS. Looks like my 360-1 heads will get at least another year till I can posibly move towards an Edelbrock Victor head.

Man I hate to be a "negative Nancy" on this because I love the Trick Flow product line but boy they stopped short on this one.(190 cc runner) I can only hope they follow up like they did on the big block head starting with a 240 cc runner and then offering the 270 cc head. This head is begging for a 2.05 valve in its current form and ProMaxx heads can be bought cheaper and with some added expense flow 315 PLUS. Looks like my 360-1 heads will get at least another year till I can posibly move towards an Edelbrock Victor head.
Hey John,
The fact that they call it a street port tells me they have the same thing in mind as the big block heads. This head is meant for good port velocity for street use, and flows pretty well for a 2.02" valve. From the big block heads I've been working on, I can say that the port is very well balanced with the valve size on the 270s, and predictably small for the street port 240. The 240 still makes good power though. I'm thinking they'll do well with a competition port version of a small block head too.

Hey John,
The fact that they call it a street port tells me they have the same thing in mind as the big block heads. This head is meant for good port velocity for street use, and flows pretty well for a 2.02" valve. From the big block heads I've been working on, I can say that the port is very well balanced with the valve size on the 270s, and predictably small for the street port 240. The 240 still makes good power though. I'm thinking they'll do well with a competition port version of a small block head too.

That’s what I am hoping too but with a June 2018 release date for this head and me being 61 years old I want it NOW. Lol

Last edited:
they also say @ $2000-$2200 a pair .
Yes, BUT, buy Edelbrocks and fill them with Ferrea valves and PAC springs, and then pay someone to port them to 300 cfm. It sounds like a lot up front, but to get another head to that level would cost more in the end.

Yes, BUT, buy Edelbrocks and fill them with Ferrea valves and PAC springs, and then pay someone to port them to 300 cfm. It sounds like a lot up front, but to get another head to that level would cost more in the end.
This has been in the works for quite a few years...and yes there will be other versions to follow so long as sales are strong on this first release...

I talked to the Trick Flow Guys last week at the Halloween Classic and they were really surprised by the support they received from the mopar community. I run my fingers through every single port I get a chance to at every opportunity and like I’ve said before I love their products. I have pictures saved of the last set of small block Edelbrock heads I bought and they look and feel like crap. I’ve bought a lot of Edelbrock heads over the years and they went downhill fast, very fast. This head will be a great out of the box head for the mopar crowd

they also say @ $2000-$2200 a pair .
Weren’t the big blocks also a bit more expensive than they are now?
Better quality than the Edelbrock heads OOTB?
Works for me!

Long, long overdue. Trick Flow has made Chevy and Ford heads for over thirty years. OVER THIRTY YEARS and "just now" get around to Mopar. I sure as hell hope they are worth the wait.

Please explain how the runner size has anything to do with flow volume.

Please explain how the runner size has anything to do with flow volume.
Really? Um, LOL, OK.

300 cfm through a 1x2 port is less volume than a 300 cfm port at 2x4. That is twice the volume at the same cfm.:poke::realcrazy::rolleyes:

-
Back