Trying a lil different combo on my 318 ...

-
Don't over engineer things. A 318 with a small cam, 4 barrel intake and carb, 340 manifolds and nice exhaust will run very respectable with a stock torque converter. A bigger cam needs a higher stall converter and or taller rear gears. The 273's and 318's don't have the luxury of tons of low end torque unless left close to stock like a stock.
Your right! I'm just going to continue with the current plan and see what happens... I'm sure it will be Hell of a lot more then that 273 2bbl single exhaust was....lol. ok thanks man...

Hello Agian, well that dual point distributor is definitely rebuildable but i didnt realize that particular Accel Distributor cap and rotor arnt available anywhere ....Holley bought them out and quit making them, tried couple local speed shops and Summit Racing and no luck.... do you have the old cap n rotor around still? A stock distributor cap is to small it's got to be a Accel cap, Maybe old one could be cleaned up.... otherwise i cant do much with it..... I should have asked you about that.... ok let me know thanks....

-
Back