**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
I am sure my painter will shoot whatever. Like stated earlier, most of the work will be done in my garage. He will rent a booth from one of his buddies when it comes time to sling some paint.

I am sure my painter will shoot whatever. Like stated earlier, most of the work will be done in my garage. He will rent a booth from one of his buddies when it comes time to sling some paint.

Umm, I wouldn't want him to shoot whatever! Waterbase color is fine but the clear is what protects it. $4500 is a good price for bodywork and paint but don't let him skimp on the quality of materials. A good clear is gonna cost ya $300-$450 a gallon.

PPG Concept or Global, DuPont Chroma-premier are the leading clearcoats. There are others but these are my choices. Be sure you know for your piece of mind.

I'm sure knowing how you are with other things you will make sure he does the right thing. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Umm, I wouldn't want him to shoot whatever! Waterbase color is fine but the clear is what protects it. $4500 is a good price for bodywork and paint but don't let him skimp on the quality of materials. A good clear is gonna cost ya $300-$450 a gallon.

PPG Concept or Global, DuPont Chroma-premier are the leading clearcoats. There are others but these are my choices. Be sure you know for your piece of mind.

I'm sure knowing how you are with other things you will make sure he does the right thing. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

When I meant whatever I meant the good, "Illegal Stuff", if we can get it. I have alot of time and $$ into the car now. There would be no reason to skimp on a couple hundred bucks difference for a clear, that would be plain stupidity on my part. I ask questions because I want to know upfront what to use so I don't get in a bad situation with the guy. I appreciate all the information because it will be my ammunition. I am also going to make him prepare a work order so it is spelled out in plain english what is getting done for the $$ so there are no surprises.

More......

Attachments

• phpBuKAZFPM.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_4624.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 833
  • IMG_4627.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 826
  • phpwOIWIpAM.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 855
  • phpS3iAYOAM.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 878
  • php79wdnLAM.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 834
I have a boat load of progress pictures. No time to upload them all.

Attachments

• IMG_4472.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 827
  • IMG_4470.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_4471.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 833
  • IMG_4499.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_4503.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 820
  • IMG_4532.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_4533.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 852
  • IMG_4534.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 813
everything looks great man.. ya sure know how to build a car. just awesome.

Thanks James! Most of the time I just wing it. Sometimes I even have to tear **** apart and start over. Like the Sifter, that took me 2 tries to get it right.:D

Maybe other members can use some of my ideas here, put a twist on them and come up with something for themselves.

I ordered a Peak Dash. Radio Delete, Heater Delete with a glove box door. Gauges will be from Speedhut "9" of them. I am using a 4.5" Tach and Speedo. 2 5/8" Boost Gauge, and 6 other gauges that are 2 1/16"

Here is the layout of the dash and the gauges I am ordering.

There is a Day Shot of the Gauge and the Night Shot of it with the Red Glow.

I will be using a Billet Specialties Steering Wheel. Everything else in the interior will be stock, except the 5 Pt Harnesses,shifter, cage etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 12.40.38 PM.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 799
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 11.36.27 AM.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 803
  • Screen Shot 2012-12-03 at 10.19.34 AM.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 811
  • Screen Shot 2012-12-03 at 10.33.00 AM.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 800
SHIFTER TURNED OUT KILLER. fits pretty easily huh? i like the plate you made to bolt it to the floor pan.

Yeah it was pretty easy except I had to do it twice!! I posted a picture of the 1st one, the second plate turned out better. The first one was welded in the car complete and no kidding I had the first one cut back out of the car and had made and installed a new plate in about 25 minutes. Second time is always easier!!:banghead:

Speedhut.com has a 15% off sale right now so I am going to order the gauges now.

I changed my mind on the gauge colors. I think Red Glow will just be too much on the eyes and too retroooo.

The red on the steering wheel might need to be dyed like the seat belts most likely will need to be.

This is DAY

View attachment 1714568207

This is NIGHT

View attachment 1714568208

View attachment 1714568209

do they make a steering wheel adapter hub to fit the 67 column? if so i might have to check into a new steering wheel.

I feel dumb asking this but what is the rig in the trunk that you just installed.

That is a Dual Battery switch that I mounted on top of the battery disconnect.
I have alot going on electrical wise in my car with the EFI etc. Per my calculations I will be needing at least a 200amp alternator. The alternator will be purchased from here......

http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?item=557

do they make a steering wheel adapter hub to fit the 67 column? if so i might have to check into a new steering wheel.

I will make a call and find out, if they don't I will have to make one.

UPDATE

I called Billet Specialties and the tech told me to contact lecarra.com. Lecarra makes the steering wheel adapter for most mopars that will work with a Billet Specialties steering wheel. I called Lecarra and they are closed, Ill call back tomorrow.

http://lecarra.com/domestic-hubs.shtml#

I am not familiar with electrical work or even battery work for that matter. Farthest I go is putting in a new one of disconnecting it with a switch when I am away from the car for a while. That gauge cluster looks awesome btw.

Love my Speedhut guages! And way to not skimp on the battery switch, those are a source of headache when i've used the cheaper ones.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 804
:D I like mine !! :D Especially when the needle hits the 160 mark.

Attachments

• 2008-Dodge-Challenger-SRT8-Gauges-1280x960.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 771
Loving the dash and gauges internet links! I was looking for a link for the Peak's Dashes forever! Thank you!

-
Back