Update on stansblue72

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well my scans showed the T cell infusion got most of the cancer. There was still some active cancer cells though. So the doctors decided to give me another dose of T cells which I received on April 22nd.
Two days later back in the hospital with a fever for me. It's not as bad this time though haven't gotten near as sick as I did last time.
In about 3 weeks they will do all the scans again to see if any of the cancer is still active. If all looks good then it will be on to another stem cell transplant. When they do that I have to stay down here for another 100 days. To be monitored for rejection.

Jean is doing good she is home now and trying to do things for herself. Still has limited feeling in her left arm and leg and the site in her left eye hasn't improved much. But she is learning how to cope with the limits that she has.

Take care all and burn some rubber for me!

Stan

Always great to hear good news about our friends here!

Great news, coming from the horse's mouth too! You sound good, Stan. I'll make my Tercel burn rubber to celebrate for you and Jean.

Great to see this thread this morning Stan :cheers: Victoria is getting a Transplant of her own or I would go burn some rubber for you in her :) But my Ramcharger can bud :D
Prayers sent for you and Jean this day, stay strong brother Stan :color:

Glad to hear the good news. Keep your chin up, all the best to you and Jean, Wayne

Stan, great to hear from you. Keep up the good fight, we'll be praying for ya.

Glad to hear some good news. Keep the fight going.
I'll burn rubber but it will be in a Mustang.

This is good news, Stan. We are pullin for you bud. We love you.

Very best of luck to you. I've lost two cousins to leukemia and a sister to brain cancer. "The one thing" that in many forms is not preventable.

My cousin was only 26 when he died, his nephew was only 19. My sister was in her early 50's

Glad to hear that you are both making progress.

Keep up the fight Stan.

Thanks for checking in with us Stan, Its great news to hear that your moving forward with the treatments. Im wishing the best for both you and Jean!

Great to hear from you Stan. You are in my prayers every night. Just burning a little for ya, Joe

Attachments

• DSC00012.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC00014.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 316
This is absolutely proof positive, that the power of Prayer works !! Great news Stan !! Will will continue to Pray. Keep you head up.

Its good to hear from you again Stan! It sounds like things are starting to get better. We are all praying for you. Keep on fighting the good fight!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got out of the hospital yesterday almost had to go back last night. If my temperature gets to 100.4 (which it did last night) I have to wait an hour and take it again.
If on the second time it has gone up its back to the hospital.

Lucky for me it had gone down some. So I'm still at the apartment for now.
Thanks for your continued prayers,
Stan

Stan, just got wind of this thread and your battle. Prayers up, and stay strong, brother!

Thanks for checking in Stan, sounds like those assassin cells wanted to fight some more and got your temperature up. More prayers for you this morning, and warm thoughts. Oh, better make that cool thoughts haha!

-
Back