Update on stansblue72

-
Stan, Thanks for the updates & keep the faith. We're all pulling for your recovery here :thumbup:

Here's one of the best Mopar burnout videos I could find. You should recognize the car LOL

[ame]https://youtu.be/vubJPFMJUvg[/ame]

Stan, thanks for the update and keep getting better! If you need anything we're not too far away.
Rich and Becky

Had another pet scan last week and found out the results today. Doctor was pleased with the results. Still have an active spot on my hip and pelvis. The plan is to zap them with radiation.
Before I can get the stem cell transplant they want to make sure there is no cancer cells in my spinal fluid. I'm meeting with a doctor that specializes in just that on Friday. So starting next week I'll most likely be pretty busy at the clinic getting the last of the cancer out of me. I hope!
I'll update again when I know more.

Just to let you folks know how much I have progressed, the first time I met with the doctors in February my daughter had to wheel me in in a wheel chair. Now I feel much like my old self and am gaining strength every day. I lost 40 lbs during treatment and have gained some back now.

Just to let you folks know how much I have progressed, the first time I met with the doctors in February my daughter had to wheel me in in a wheel chair. Now I feel much like my old self and am gaining strength every day. I lost 40 lbs during treatment and have gained some back now.

thats great news.

i have some very close family( step dad and cousin) that since the first of the year have lost their battles and a few other family members that are still fighting strong and one that just found out yesterday ughhhhh

keep up the good work and keep us updated.

hows the wife??

Jean is doing better she is starting to get the feeling back in her arm and leg. Not a lot of improvement with her eye though.

great to hear this awesome news. I had just checked your blog that I have bookmarked before looking on here. Maybe next time there will be no sign at all. You are still in my prayers, Joe

Always makes a guy feel good when somebody can beat this stuff. Best to ya!!

Well yesterday was a real experience, got to the hospital at 5 am at 7:30 I was in surgery.
I have a problem with a small amount of cancer cells in my spinal fluid. The doctors solution was to put a port in my head.

They shaved a few spots then cut my scalp in kind of a candy cane shape. Then drilled a dime size hole in my skull and inserted a catheter down to the reservoir where the spinal fluid is stored.

So now it's really true that I have a hole in my head!
This port will let them put chemo directly into my spinal fluid to kill the cancer off.

4 weeks of chemo with a week off between each treatment. So it will take 8 weeks to get it done.
Also I'll be getting radiation on my knee and hip for 5 weeks.
Then if I'm clean enough I'll get the stem cell transplant.

Here's what my head looks like. Oops pic is upside down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 130
Ouch !! Praying that all that works out for you Stan.

Man, that must suck to have a hole in your head. Good luck with the treatment. You're much braver than me...

Can't believe it been since June of last year that I updated this thread. A lot has happened.
They had to remove that thing from my head because it became infected. I spent from November 22nd to December 28th in the hospital.
I received a half match stem cell transplant from my son on December 10th and have steadily improved since.

Had another PET scan last week and got the results back last night. They seen no active lymphoma in my body.
I felt like the weight of world was lifted from my shoulders. Guess my sons cells are doing their job!

I'm scheduled to be released from treatment on the 16th of this months, but will have follow up appointments for a year. I guess it takes that long for my immune system to fully rebuild its self.
Any way all good news for now!

Stan

Stan that's great news. Again if you need anything, getting back settled in, whatever, let us know.
Rich and Becky

-
Back