valiant emblem resto

-

mad dog

Reaction score
is there a company out there that can restore my 2 valiant emblems from my 70 duster fender? the silver script and black backgroind is real faded. i can rechrome the housing thats not a problem,its the inner valiant script thats got me stumped. i was thinking about a sign shop possibly making me a vinyl insert with the same script and an adhesive backing... any ideas?

I need the same thing. Been hoping to stumble upon some NOS for several years now but no luck..

does anyone have a picture of a 1970 valiant emblem, i rechromed the housing but now i cant seem to find a clear pic of the inner valiant part. mine are a silver color but in the original 70 duster brochure it looks like flat black with the word valiant in a silver/chrome letters. not sure if mine are just faded or what, im going to have a local sign shop duplicate the valiant script if i can figure out what it originally looked like... anyone?

:happy1:

Attachments

• $_5711.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 366
  • $_57111.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 322
If the chrome is in good shape you can clean them thoroughly and paint the inside using model paint and brushed from a hobby shop.I'd probably thin it a little so it flows leaving no brush marks. If you screw it up you can remove it with paint remover and try again. But something as flat as that Valiant emblem could be spray painted and then remove the paint from the raised chrome areas.

thank you for those pictures, thats exactly what i was looking for! everyone ive ever seen was so faded that there was no black at all. i think i have a sign shop that can make me an insert that will fit in the chrome housing......thanks again

I thought somebody was going to make the insert for the emblem. Not sure who

dave. if u find anyone making that insert let me know......... by the way i live down the street from you.

First chance i get probably next week i am going to a sign company and see if they can do anything with them.I have been talking to a guy that tells me there is some being made and should be done any day.I dont know who is doing them i am going through a third party.If i do get some i will post where to get them.He has been telling me that it will be done anyday for a while.Just have to wait and see.Just going to check on the sign thing for back up.These where also used on some vans they changed the number and said something instead of valiant

I had a sign company make some inserts that just stick in your housings look really good.If any one wants a pic of one pm me and i will send you a pic of one to an i phone.

i ended up doing the same thing, the local sign shop made me the valiant inserts. they are not exact but very very close.

Looking at going the sign company route on this. Is that a flat black background? Semigloss?

Thx

-
Back