Valve cover breathers recommendation

-

440magcars

Reaction score
Having problems with oil getting forced out of the valve cover breathers and dripping on the headers. Anyone have a solution for this! Thanks

How about a functional PCV? Header evac system if you dont want it to affect your intake or run a catch can system. Vent breathers to a puke can

blue24.png

or junk yard it and run a smog pump to suck your breathers, but youll have alot of oil to collect.

Aluminum valve covers? What type of oil breathers do you have now? Baffle plates under thevalve cover openings? PVC in place?

Best I found is a PVC on one cover and breather with nipple with hose from nipple to base of air cleaner. Normal driving/ rpm PVC Valve works to pull blow by out, when it's at full throttle and PVC is out of the picture the air cleaner pulls blow by out through the breather.

Often overlooked are the baffle plates under the breathers in the valve covers. Easy fix.

What valve covers do you have and what is in them. Breathers on both sides?
Race car, street?

Often overlooked are the baffle plates under the breathers in the valve covers. Easy fix.

What valve covers do you have and what is in them. Breathers on both sides?
Race car, street?

el5demon 340 hit it on the head ! if that don`t work , u got a ring sealing problem. a set of gapless rings will cure that !

Well I should added it has a F2 Procharger. Thanks for all the advice. Think I'm going to use the catch can with the breather. Thanks again.

I road race a big block and same problem. Oil dripping on the header and smoking is embarrassing when among the Fancy Folks with new performance cars.
Baffles under valve cover openings, made my own. Then I used an oil mist catch Can with braided lines. I probably could have plumbed the breathers to the intake? not sure why I did not

-
Back