Veterans On the Board

-
Also hard on the family I used to get the calls to get my bag together for three months leaving tomorrow also. Definitely went to some sh!tholes for a while. Come on over to the coffee thread.

Being away from family sucks always. I'm still going through navigating on the new fabo site. Or new to me lol. Everything's all different now. Coffee thread?

I did almost 25. Glad I got out when I did (2011) It is getting to "sensitive" for me now I would have been thrown out since I am old school and would let my people know they screwed up !
Same here. Now being in the Field Artillery we were pretty much shielded as we're a stand alone group so we didn't/don't have to make female adjustments. But yeah overall when I got out in the 2000's it was far and away different than when I came in in 1982.

US Navy, 8404 Corpsman, 1990-1994
RTC Great Lakes
NHCS Great Lakes
Naval Hospital Portsmouth, VA
2nd FSSG, Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, NC

(1999-present) CW2 Construction Engineer Tech. (120A) Active duty Army served in kosovo 2000-2001, OIF 2003-2004, OEF 2006-2007, kuwait 2012-2013, and a few other small trips to remote places. 17yrs with a few more to go. I'm tired!!!!

Thanks all brother and sisters, You know what you did for our freedom today!

just over 3 years in USAF currently...

Security Forces (Presidential Security)
AFOSI - Foreign Dignitary Protection

Submitting OTS package for Pilot

Thank you for your service @Rolling_Thunder ! Good luck on your OTS application. With your experience and background I'm sure you'll be selected. :thumbsup:

I helped five folks become pilots when I was recruiting civilians for the Air Force and each one was thrilled as hell. Keep us posted!!!!!

USAF 2/64 to 2/68. Weapons systems tech F100, F101, F104. Vietnam service 6/65 to 8/66.

You A-body guys are a bunch of class A guys!!!
Stroker

I was @ Ft. Riley 79-82. When you were there did you ever go to the little mom and pop dragstrip on the highway to Manhattan? I hear it's still open!

I didn't but I did frequent a junk yard outside of Junction City that was ful of cool old Mopars. Super Bees Chargers Shaker Cuda Sure its all long gone now.

I remember a junk yard outside of Ogden that had a 340 4 speed Duster I wanted but I couldn't come up with the bucks.
I did buy a '73 Charger 340 auto while I was stationed there, and rebuilt the motor at the auto shop on post.

FT Leonard Wood.:headbang: hey thats in my neck of the woods. What unit was you with when you was there??

Proudly served in the US ARMY RESERVE
from 1990 to 2002 63H/63W Sgt Miller whooa

Now i work on equipment that our solders train with to find IED ETC. here is a pick. SGT Miller

I was going through some old pics and found one of me on the day i made it through basic training. pic of me with my mom and my younger brother

002.jpg

USN ( 1968-1972) during Vietnam conflict, NAS Pensacola Fla. (1968). Finished up on USS Franklin D. Roosevelt, CVA-42. The USS Midway in San Diego Ca. Is its sister ship.

Went in to Army early 1967...
Retired from Civil Service Air Force 2013...
(38 years in Service to this GREAT Country)
Army
Ft Leonardwood
Ft Ord
Ft Benninig, 11B40P2, Airborne Ranger
Ft Polk
Ft Benning
VN; Dian, Lai Khe, Quan Loi, Cu Chi
Co I 75th Rangers, LRRP, attached 1st ID (3 consecutive years)
Ft Lewis
Ft Hood
--disabled, Ouch--

College:
BSME, MSME, PE, FPE

Air Force
Civil Service
GS 14
Headquarters AFSPC, The Command Engineer
...and now RETIRED

Ken

Last edited:
USAF 1973-1993. After Navigation school, I spent two years at Little Rock AFB in the 50th TAS and two years as an instructor in the 16th TATS. Then I taught navigation at the USAF Nav school at Mather AFB for 4 years. Then I was in a Special Ops unit in Germany where we flew covert aerial reconnaissance missions all over the world. Then 3 more years at Little Rock, 2 years as a controller at 21st AF HQ in NJ. Then a one year remote in Panama, and the last few years again at Little Rock AFB. I retired as a Major. It was great 20 years.

-
Back