W2 heads up pics

-

lenweiler

Reaction score
Well after installing custom pushrods, and adjusting valve lash, I find out that clearance must be ground into the intake manifold rail for the int. pushrods. For some reason Chrysler saw fit to skip this. So off with the heads, and dismantle and mill.

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

Those are the econo heads.I think the race heads are already clearanced for bigger pushrods. Any way mine were. Real bummer when you have to tear down and do stuff over again. I been there and done that with other things. Put bottom end together on motor one time and was getting ready to put on the pan and wondered why I had a rear main seal left over. Sucks to do job twice!

"Man That Does SUCK" :sad2: GOOD PICS Though Very good Detail, "I wish it wasnt So Expensive To Get some of those Heads Over Here! Mind You They must Be coming down in Price By Now?? :thumblef:

The head itself is cheep. Along with the valves. It's the rockers that are expensive. Anyhow. The engine is buttoned up............ Again.

glad you got it back togather ran into same problem on the 451 I built for my ex challenger what a pain

Nothing is a true bolt on. Better get used to it. Got some W7's coming for the next project.

I run a set of econos and have no problem with pushrod clearance. I have a .638 comp roller and matching springs.
Are you trying to run 3/8" pushrods? And which rockers are you running? I am using Norris stainless steel rockers,
which were recommended by Herb McCandless himself.

what are the specs on the cam you plan to use. you may not require 3/8 pushrods.

after reading this forum I got to thinking about my pushrod selection and called the comp cams tech line ( I have been running their pushrods ) and the
tech guy states that Comp doesnt make a pushrod strong enough for my
application. Which I find interesting since they were the ones that recommended the part after I explained which Comp cam and springs I was running.

So I called both Manton and Smith Bros. They both Have a 5/16 pushrod that they say will be more than stout enough for my setup. these are .110+ wall thickness.

I am curious about your pushrod lengths. Did you come up with 3 different lengths depending on which cylinder and intake or exhaust rocker?

Love to here your combo and performance specs! I am amazed that I dont see more guys running W2's, my car will boil a set of 265/60 bf drag radials in all 3 gears! I just have to watch the tach, 7800 happens real fast!

Two different lengths. The intake is .055" longer.
As for my combo; Pretty basic. Scott Brown solid stick, 11.5:1 Cr and slightly modified W2's.

85809e4b.jpg

I would love to have a set of W2s, but I can't find any around here without spending a fortune.

-
Back