W2 long valves

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
I hope these Chevy valves will work for my W2s ! I just pulled the trigger...
Shoot 1st and think later is my moto...lol
I know I will have to install guides.

Ferrea 6000 series

F6208 CHEVROLET SMALL BLOCK (1955 - 2012) 11/32, INTAKE 6000 SERIES COMPETITION VALVES
Small Block
Intake Valve
Head Diameter: 2.020
Stem Diameter: 11/32
Overall Length: 5.06
Tip Length: 0.250
References: 12 Deg..Super Flo. +.150

F6202 CHEVROLET SMALL BLOCK (1955 - 2012) 11/32, EXHAUST 6000 SERIES COMPETITION VALVES
Small Block
Exhaust Valve
Head Diameter: 1.600
Stem Diameter: 11/32
Overall Length: 5.06
Tip Length: 0.250
References: 12 Deg..Semi Tulip Super Flo. +.150

answered my own question.... I screwed up .... too short...I need 5.225 long..
DOH !

Long valve are 5.300

and what version of the w2 head do you have ?

scroll down to Mopars....it list the 5000 and 6000 series valves...BUT remember these are 3/8 stem...

Attachments

• Valve_Applications.pdf
    249.3 KB · Views: 349
I was comparing the Chevy 11/32 dimension to the W2s but didnt realize I was looking at the Econo Head W2 (5.07") dimensions... any how I found a full set (int & Ex) of those Chevy's for 225.00 shipped and jumped on them. Then I noticed the long valve dimensions and realized my mistake.
I cancelled the order.

Too bad.... 225 was a killer deal !

I have the Race version /closed chamber... dont recall the PN# off hand

Ferrea has a 1.6 exhaust that is close but nothing for a 2.02 intake. You have to move up to a 2.055 or 2.08 to get them long enough.
I have a set of mopar long 3/8 stems which were sold to me as new but they apear to have been run and have a few nicks on the caps. I cant say whether that would effect their performance ....

The short of it is that I was bored and surfing the net , foud a killer deal and jumped prematurely.
I found my comp springs for 1/3 price on Amazon and my forged and balanced Scat stroker kit for 1540.00 the same way.

I found long ferrea valves for w2 on ebay.
Only 3/8 stem.The 11/32 can be found for long valves but never barked up that tree

Bought a set of 3/8 2.02 long valve on ebay a few months ago for 40 dollars shipped.

Some deals out there if you are willing to look......

I see varying overall lengths. Anywhere from 5.25-5.30
Could be how they measure. ?

I see varying overall lengths. Anywhere from 5.25-5.30
Could be how they measure. ?

OAL can be slightly different between brands as some valves have wider margins than others. If you call the manufacturer they can tell you the OAL from the seat to stem.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to cut .040 off the face of a valve to get P/V.

Call Si Valves in Simi Valley CA...they can sell from their stock or make any length, stem and head you need. Good prices.

I checked Si out yesterday. Reviews were good and bad.
Some have said they are Chinese budget valve.... True?

I checked Si out yesterday. Reviews were good and bad.
Some have said they are Chinese budget valve.... True?
Yeah I've heard that too but they sure as hell have a lot of machinery sitting around doing nothing if that's true.

I've used their valves in two engines... my blown Hemi and one SBM... no problems. One of the engine shops I deal with also uses them in all of their race motors unless the customer asks for Ferrara or Manley or brings his own parts to the build. My kid's WISSOTA dirt modified has them in it.

I have a set of Si Magnum intakes valves here right now...

It's your $$$... but everything I've seen in made here and looks good.

Last edited:
Nothing against saving a buck....
I will give them a call tomorrow to see what they have for this app.

-
Back