waiting on interior to be done...ugh

-

djais1801

Reaction score
So I have a reputable guy (1 man shop) that turns out good work. Dropped my seats off 3wks ago because he said winter is slower. Reached out via phone last monday (1wk after drop) and he said he was starting them end of last week.

I am going to "pop in" for an update on Monday.

Those that have had interior work...how long have you waited. I am having houndstooth inserts put into existing show quality buckets/ bench rear.
Again...not concerned with "foul play"...just wondering how long you all have waited for seats to be recovered w custom work...not just swapping seat covers.

When I had the seats done on my 65 dart, front bench, rear seat and 4 door panels, using instock browns at a very busy shop, 5 weeks. That was taking the seats right down to the springs and rebuilding. When I had the front buckets on the 74 Dart redone, needed to order the correct grain and color, and rebuild took 5 weeks.

I never rush good work. A few weeks is normal, JMO.

Last edited:
I don’t own an interior shop so I could be totally wrong but I would think any car restoration place that has a winter would be busier in the winter than summer? Basic thinking being folks would prefer to drive their cars in summer so would try to have work done on them in the winter to maximize their cruising time?

Regardless, I might be in the same boat as you soon as I’d like to get my seats redone in the near future. I haven’t contacted any shops yet but I would think around a month would be reasonable?

I don’t own an interior shop so I could be totally wrong but I would think any car restoration place that has a winter would be busier in the winter than summer? Basic thinking being folks would prefer to drive their cars in summer so would try to have work done on them in the winter to maximize their cruising time?

Regardless, I might be in the same boat as you soon as I’d like to get my seats redone in the near future. I haven’t contacted any shops yet but I would think around a month would be reasonable?
Winter as opposed to spring according to the guy...who knows

Had 2 e body high back seats recovered and back seat i picked 2different materials n he duplicated origional patterns 2 weeks took i paid 1500 that also included the sun visors and dash pad. Origional interior colors were sandlewood n gold matched door panels best i could but think by time we finish cage armrest will be deleted due to bars being in way at that point i probably will have him make duplicate panels that wont have the arm rest holes if i do have to remove them . Its a husband and wife shop

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also i had dropped them off a week b4 christmas picked up 1seat to put under the tree -cars being built for my 15 yr old son picked everything else up few days after newyears

My son bought the 73 cuda seat at a swap meet , could not get factory replacements in gold , picked the 2 fabrics he redid the buckets mimicking the origional seat patterns , re did the rear seat to blend and look liks the fronts ,if only the floor pan subframeconnectors and cage would jump into the car for me i could finally put them in ... lol cant wait for some normal weather . Hes gona do the carpet and headliner after cage is done , my son is building the car as if he was a designer for dodge . Hes having custom rear stripe made will say 451 rt/ss. Hes got my money well spent b; i can make it lol . But makes birthdays n christmas presents that much easier

My son bought the 73 cuda seat at a swap meet , could not get factory replacements in gold , picked the 2 fabrics he redid the buckets mimicking the origional seat patterns , re did the rear seat to blend and look liks the fronts ,if only the floor pan subframeconnectors and cage would jump into the car for me i could finally put them in ... lol cant wait for some normal weather . Hes gona do the carpet and headliner after cage is done , my son is building the car as if he was a designer for dodge . Hes having custom rear stripe made will say 451 rt/ss. Hes got my money well spent b; i can make it lol . But makes birthdays n christmas presents that much easier
that's my 1 regret...selling my 73 Cuda...damn...it was turn key and fully restored.
cudarearwheel.jpg
cudangle.jpg
cudamural.jpg

So I have a reputable guy (1 man shop) that turns out good work. Dropped my seats off 3wks ago because he said winter is slower. Reached out via phone last monday (1wk after drop) and he said he was starting them end of last week.

I am going to "pop in" for an update on Monday.

Those that have had interior work...how long have you waited. I am having houndstooth inserts put into existing show quality buckets/ bench rear.
Again...not concerned with "foul play"...just wondering how long you all have waited for seats to be recovered w custom work...not just swapping seat covers.
Same for me last year. One man shop, slow in winter, said 1 week and took 5..
Turned out great. Rebuilt springs and all for $800 front and rear.

9F87103B-2CA4-48EB-BBAF-DFD5D1183CFA.jpeg

C487604F-3FFE-48F0-A4D5-7517DEE36DEF.jpeg

Always wanted a 71 cuda hands down sexiest ***** in the mopar line . Regret selling my 69 satelite convert , but im not a big ver fan and that was in the early 90s . First car ever owned i bought for 800 from my brother in law at 15 a 67 coronet 440 had an aar 340 in it was white w vinal top . Got my liscense n loved it .sotting at a traffic light i got slamned into from behind was hit so hard the raifo wound up on the package tray

i had the darts recovered.. i had the covers already so there was no custom work done.. dropped them off in the morning and picked them up in the afternoon.. local shop one man show.. he told me when to drop them off though so he could hop right on them..

I had mine done by a local shop because Legendary gets double for light Parchment compared to most other colors and is still not a match to original. :BangHead:
Got a quote in early June, Had the seat and materials to him by mid June with hopes of doing a July 4 car show.
2 weeks turned into 2 months, but was worth the wait.
Cinnamon 75 Duster \

Was 800 to install the covers or make and install? Thats a super deal n worth the wait
Make and install.
It was worth the wait and he does great work. Had him do my dash, headliner and vinyl top too

-
Back