Westward bound

-

DragginMAster

Reaction score
Our journey began at 730 am eastern time, heading out of town back to northwest arkansas in all its glory...

in the little burg of Lewisburg, PA on our way to the interstate I pull to a gentle stop at a red light, and what eases up beside my 68 dart? a 70 something 4 door Valiant, red, vinyl top in serious need of repair, piloted by a kid... high school age or early college.

I think its a good omen.

the dart has been running fantastically well. she usually runs hot, but thanks to the 30 - 40 degree temps through PA and OH today she kept very cool.

the neon is chasing behind, i am keeping tabs on fuel mileage as I never knew what the old dart got..

we have only had to get gas enough times to make 2 readings thus far in the last 363 logged miles (we are in between fuel stops and have actually made more miles so far) we are resting near Richmond, IN in a Super 8 Motel...

the Neon has gotten a consistent 32 mpg both with the mountains of PA and the flatter Ohio plains.

The first reading for the dart, which is for mountainous PA came in at 20 mpg and the second, for OH came in at 19 mpg, not too bad for needing to replace the distributor for a faulting vacuum advance and a broken accelerator pump... not to mention heavy head winds and a slightly heavier foot.

will make another update tomorrow.

keep your fingers crossed.

Hay DragginMaster!!:worthles:
sounds like everything is going great and you are well on your way home.
I mapquest the rest of your trip and it looks like you have been speeding a little, How much stuff do you have packed in your dart.
Have a good rest tonight
Have a good one tomorrow and don't worry about the dart or neon,
they will be fine. enjoy :-D and keep your eyes on the road and have a safe trip home,
I don't know how accurate map quest is.:read2:

Fayetteville, AR 72701, US Map from Richmond Indiana

Total Est. Time: 10 hours, 25 minutes Total Est. Distance: 678.07 miles

I would add 4 hours to it for Pee, drink and eat and a sugar from honey.8)

i have about 3,000 rounds of ammo
5 rifles
duffle bag of clothes
small flor jack
tool bag
jack stands
ps2
wii
emergency power supply
and various spare car parts :)

and miscellany

i have about 3,000 rounds of ammo
5 rifles
duffle bag of clothes
small flor jack
tool bag
jack stands
ps2
wii
emergency power supply
and various spare car parts :)

and miscellany
I would say the dart is getting darn good MPG.:-D
and I have no idea what a ps2 or wii is.
Looks like you got an early start this morning.
Hope you have a great sunny day trip.:-D

lol mike! a PS2 and a Wii are video game consoles. PS2(playstation 2) is made by Sony and the Wii is a Nintendo product.

lol mike! a PS2 and a Wii are video game consoles. PS2(playstation 2) is made by Sony and the Wii is a Nintendo product.

Well I can say I am updated know!! lol
Never owned one but I could smash asteroids back in the day ate the bowling alley. Thanks 340dartswinger.8)

Yea, were going to need aa few pictures. Some of us have never been down the trail your heading.

Ok!!! where are you at tonight, Its time to pull over and get some rest.

Don't make me turn on your GPS DragginMAster.:-D

I am worried about DagginMAster.:neutral:
He should have made it home a long time ago:neutral:

I hope he is ok and just have not got on line yet:pale:

Has anyone herd from him yet??

sorry it took so long to post, internet acess at dads place is less than desireable, and the library would not let me log on to the glorious FABO

made it saturday night at sunset, 19 mpg in the dart and 29 overall in the neon

sorry no pics, camera got broke before the trip :)

Glad you and your family made it ok!! :cheers:
Had me worried a little.:clock:
19 mpg is good with all that artillery and luggage you carried.:-D

artillery>>>>>><<<<<<chukle chuckle

yeah we were following your cross country "adventure"
glad ya'll made it ok

i was so nervous before the trip about possible mechanical failures in the dart. each day of the trip I set new records for longest trip thus far in the old car. I can not even begin to express how happy I am that I made it through without even the slightest bit of a problem.

good luck tools, what can I say?

thanks you all for keepin yer fingers crossed :D

-
Back