What are you using for a tranny cooler?

-

greenswinger

Reaction score
Hi all!. Was curious about what ya'll were running for a transmissiion cooler. I went to the local pick and pull and got a cooler out of an '06 Dodge truck (1/2 ton) and one from a Durango. The Durango cooler is about twice as wide as the truck unit. These are the ones that bolt to the trucks radiator on the left and slips into the right side of the rad. Same width. I took some aluminum strap and made one unit out of it looping the outlet from one to the inlet of the other. I have a 26 inch Champion rad in the Swinger and used all thread unions on the rad bolts to stand off from the rad. This worked out perfectly. Looks factory almost like a AC condensor. Haven't tried it out yet since Im still wrapping the motor swap up. I would assume this is a bit overkill for a 3k stall converter but Im not running the tranny through the rad. Ill load a pic later....Heck Im thinking if they run 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks with these coolers Im gold with this set up. Opinions?

These coolers look like they were designed for the swap to an A-body! I shortened the inlet and outlet tubing and put a flair on them for the rubber cooler line connections. Cake!

I think you'll be in fine shape. I run only a B&M cooler. Roughly 11 X 9.
On a '78 Córdoba that I pirates parts from, 400P code, there is a factory 18 X 8 after the radiator.

-
Back