what does your early abody look like?

-
Here is the latest addition as of about one month ago

RubyValiant012.jpg

RubyValiant011.jpg

newstuffforruby012.jpg

RubyValiant015.jpg

66 has always been my least favorite year a-body but I can't get over how good yours looks Dave. It may be slowly changing my opinion. :thumbrig:

66 has always been my least favorite year a-body but I can't get over how good yours looks Dave. It may be slowly changing my opinion. :thumbrig:

Thank you. 66 is my favorite year if you can't tell. Wish I could take all the credit. The previous owner did an amazing job with the paint and body. I'm just finishing up what he started. I really dig this car (Ruby as I call her). Just needs minor details.

Here is my other project that is not finished yet. Had to strip all the paint off and I'm starting over from scratch on the body. That's a very long story and is part of the reason why I got Ruby.

assembly006.jpg

They look so cute together. :love7:

valiant001.jpg

Here's mine. I finally got around to doing a quick wash job so I could snap a couple photos.

It's originally a 273 Commando car, factory 4 speed, disk brakes, front sway bar. Basically everything you would get on a Formula S, but whoever ordered it wanted a vinyl top, so the car is pretty unusual. I've owned it for going on 21 years now, the longest of any of it's multiple owners. Paint is 27 year old Imron. Doesn't shine much, but it's still there!

I swapped in a stock rebuilt 340 back in 1989, then went through it again in '93 when I worked in a machine shop. I put in forged pistons, MP .474 lift cam, ported the heads, Centerforce DF clutch. Future plans are a big bolt pattern conversion using Viper calipers, Spitfire headers, some sort of overdrive, Edelbrock heads and a Lunati VooDoo cam and hydraulic clutch setup, not necessarily in that order.

IMG_1134 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1138 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1143 (Medium).JPG

so dave nice ride im putting a Sb-833-w/323s was just wondering how u liked that combo??

so dave nice ride im putting a Sb-833-w/323s was just wondering how u liked that combo??

I'm still working on getting the kinks out of the motor. Spitfire Headers are coming this week. The 833 that is in the car is a little tough to shift. It needs some adjustments that I have not gotten around to yet. I like the 3.23s for the highway but my cam needs more gear. I have another 8 3/4 with 3.91s that I'm going to swap in later if this car becomes a more serious street/strip car.

Here is my Pro-street '65 HEMI Valiant...engine is a '56 354 inch Chrysler HEMI backed by a TH350 with a narrowed 9-inch. The frame has been tied together with sub-frame connecters and a 6-point roll bar. The front end has been updated with poly bushings and a '74 Dart disc brake set-up. My Dad and I did all the work ourselves except the roll bar, we had a lot fun during the 3 1/2 year project. Thanks Brian

Man, where did you fit the distributor? Looks very cool.

Sleeper look, 451 B under there. Couldnt tell, eh?
1a.jpg

with manifolds and less clutter
86.jpg

with Pro-parts headers and other stuff, a little rough...
DSC00222.jpg

Lots of good looking cars on here.Finally had a good day to get pics of mine
since the restore.Cheers.

baracuda5.jpg

barracuda2.jpg

barracuda3.jpg

340sixpack............drooooooollllllll. Nice fish

Lots and lots of nice A-bodies.
Easy to find good inspiration here.
I love this thread

Heres my 68 Valiant 4dr.
Don't worry its not sitting in my backyard anymore, lol! no inspiration there, except maybe turn it into an amphibious car??? nah...Lol!

Pic from the backseat
Valiant2.jpg

Pic from the front seat
Valiant3.jpg

WhitePoint Beach, San Pedro CA and ex g/f
Valiant1.jpg

Valiant4.jpg

There's allot of great looking early A bodies on this thread. Here's my 1965 Barracuda.
Factory equipped with the 273ci Commando V8, though it's not a Formula S. I've added disc brakes and 15" Rallye wheels. The color is Ivory, with a black interior. The video shows the car with it's Accurate LTD reproduction single exhaust system.

Don

Chrysler_Convention-07Small.jpg

DCP_2024Small.jpg

IMG_1575Small.jpg

IMG_1068Small.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVoRSqmPOk0

Just getting started on it in the last couple of weeks.

The day I got it home from the coast last month.
cudahome.JPG

cudahome3.JPG

All tucked away in my cozy little shop.
cudahome23.JPG

Great thread and lots of cool A-bodies here. Looking at all these pics have given me a few good ideas for my low budget build.

Sorry, not mine but I don´t think that I´ve ever seen a -62 wagon
The ad says its a Valiant but it looks as a Lancer to me.
School me, anyone.
This one is for sale here in Sweden.
Cool car, would love to have it my garage.

7779239009.jpg

-
Back