What Home Depot insulation have you used under your carpet?

-
roof-sealant-jpg.1714866285.jpg
This is what I have been using insulates and sound deadening is great no issues with heat either way better than dynamat in my opinion, around 20 a roll at HD.

Agree with Fatmat works great, easy to cut and install, they come with a roller and a cutting knife. I even did the roof, inside both doors, and inside the rear windows, and trunk, trunk lid and under hood.

20150207_113746.jpg

20150207_113752.jpg

It's a lot of work, but sure worth it! I guess I added about 50 pounds to the car but it's not a racecar so...

I used 2 layers for best results.

First layer of Peel and Seal from Lowes. Then an additional layer of FROST king from Home Depot. The results are unbelievable. Night and day difference! I've used it on all floors and doors. Easy to apply and so far has lasted.

1. Make sure the surface area is clean and dry. I even went over everything with a towel dipped in rubbing alcohol to pick up all the small dust.
2. And make sure it's not too cold. I tried doing it once on a 50 degree night, (that's like freezing for us LA folks) and it didn't stick as well. I had to slight heat up the peel and seal to get it to stick.

IMG_1485.JPG

So, after you lay down Peel & Seal (or whatever insulating product), you just put your carpet right over it?
What about the headliner? Do you use it under the headliner, or do you need anything?

Yes I just laid my carpet on top, some glue theirs down but I figure once the front seats are bolted in the carpets not going to be moving. And yes I used the stuff I used on my floors behind my headliner, the trunk floor, and on my hood

Last edited:
-
Back