What in the ill is THIS???

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I don't know either, but it finally made it from the rear of the dirty carport to the back yard this afternoon

IMG_2113.JPG

IMG_2114.JPG

IMG_2116.JPG

It's my donor for sheet metal for a GT clone? It even has the holes drilled in the fenders! Thanks Del!!!

Well it's a little "less dirty" but at 94F in the shade, and this is in the sun, I am done for now

IMG_2117cs.JPG

“Is that a nova? My mom’s friend had one just like it. “

LMAO! She’s glad to
Catch some rays!
Syleng1

Stop messing around with outboards and get that old girl back on the road! :thumbsup:

FINALLY found the TF today, and it was not where I expected. This was taken after I'd spent about 2 hours (with breaks) removing boxes of junk and OUTBOARD PARTS. I kept thinking I'd put it in a more accessible place, but NOT It's 7PM I am quitting for the day. ID'd it because it has the little shifter mount holes on the tail housing, it's a tiny bit cleaner, and it has the oddball Cheetah shifter lever installed!!!

IMG_2124cs.JPG

IMG_2124cs1.JPG

You know it buddy. Thank gawd I am not senile!!! Although I had not remembered just where it was, I THOUGHT it was actually in this shed

To confess to just how bad I are, the transmission facing "us" is sitting on top of a refrigerant recovery machine I just had to have. Cheap, of course.

Lol, I see the ac recovery now lol doubling as a trans dolly
You know it buddy. Thank gawd I am not senile!!! Although I had not remembered just where it was, I THOUGHT it was actually in this shed

To confess to just how bad I are, the transmission facing "us" is sitting on top of a refrigerant recovery machine I just had to have. Cheap, of course.

A bit of trivia. Looks can be deceiving. The 1969/70 Ford Fairlanes sold here were 4 door cars. No door available. They looked big & long. They were actually 3" shorter than the 1969/70 Valiant hardtop [ 199.3" ], which were 1967/68 Dodge Dart bodies with Aussie front end. We got all the left overs....

The transmission facing us looks like a big block 727. :thumbsup:

The transmission facing us looks like a big block 727. :thumbsup:
That is possible, I don't remember where that one came from. I had been thinking of a B/RB but with finances, health, etc etc, that is looking like a "no." That would have gone into the 74 Scamp "maybe"

Unfortunately some of that stuff is slant, as well as the old style lockup. And I have a number of 42-46R, I think only one RH, and some of those are 4x4

That is possible, I don't remember where that one came from. I had been thinking of a B/RB but with finances, health, etc etc, that is looking like a "no." That would have gone into the 74 Scamp "maybe"

Unfortunately some of that stuff is slant, as well as the old style lockup. And I have a number of 42-46R, I think only one RH, and some of those are 4x4

I'm kind of keeping an eye open for a A518/46RH 4x4 trans for my Dakota...wink, wink

I guess it has to from a Dakota though? Not really sure why, but seems I read that somewhere.

Dion I probably HAVE one, tho, if it has to WORK that might be the glitch. I did tear a couple apart when I was trying to learn how to rebuild and they are in boxes.

Dion I probably HAVE one, tho, if it has to WORK that might be the glitch. I did tear a couple apart when I was trying to learn how to rebuild and they are in boxes.

I'm ok rebuilding it myself. The A500 in my Dakota was working ok with the 318 TBI once it warmed up, but haven't driven it with the 5.9 swap yet. Thinking it would be smart to have something in the wings in case the 5.9 breaks it.

A bit of trivia. Looks can be deceiving. The 1969/70 Ford Fairlanes sold here were 4 door cars. No door available. They looked big & long. They were actually 3" shorter than the 1969/70 Valiant hardtop [ 199.3" ], which were 1967/68 Dodge Dart bodies with Aussie front end. We got all the left overs....
That’s because some actual old guy way back then (and now certainly dead) actually thought there were only a few thousand people living there. He forgot to check his arrogance and double check population.

In his old fool mind, he was probably thinking you were still a penal colony.

Unfortunately? Heck if I was closer I'd take all the slant stuff off your hands. lol

-
Back