What options are REQUIRED for your daily driver?

-
personally I like AWD, lsd front and rear, a stick, good tires, decent tunes, air and heat, and a bit of pep. I know awd isn't necessary but it sure is nice.

Since 02 my daily driver has been an 88 Mark 7 with all kinds of options that came with luxury of that time. However, soon I'll be back in my 74 Dart as my daily. So, all I really need is a good system, a V-8 with some guts, AC/Heat, and a nice clear windshield and I'm good.

For where I lived in Phoenix with its heat and stop and go traffic....an automatic, good disk brakes and cold air.
Out here in the farm country of Minnesota....4wd and a HOT defroster.

Ask my wife,I don't drive "our car' very much because I can't take back seat driving,drives me out of my mind.So she drives most of the time ,i don't mind too much because i drive a service vehicle all day,this way i get to relax.She likes a SUV,power windows,locks,remote starter(a must have here)ABS.8)

Let's see..damned good tires: check. Danged good brakes: check. Four wheel drive: check. Comfortable seat: check. Turns on a dime: check. Rides like a truck: check. Strong running Mopar: check. Do-it-yourself transmission: check. Everything that needs to work, works: check. A/C's out, could give a rat's a**. No radio, kinda like the sound of the big diggers singing on the road. Able to drive through fields with no worries (about getting stuck or scratching the paint): you betcha! My daily driver has been like that for the past ten year. I can live with it. The wife can't, but that's why we she has something different.

all it needs is gas in the tank.....Oh I actually have a working gas gauge now but drove for over a year without that......funny...the day I put in the sending unit I ran out of gas in the driveway....on the way to the gas station.......I was stranded....really...I was!!! Lol

Intermitent wipers Power locks, and Cruise control would be nice, but the only thing I've NEEDED to add to my '74 is FM radio and a clock

newradio.jpg

You drive 150 a day in a Power Wagon with 35's? Geez.

No, the 04 Ram was my DD until gas got so high last year wife told me to seel the Swinger or buy a car that gets 30+ mpg. so I bought another car, won't say what:angry7:
The power Wagon dont get drove to often. Gets 8mpg.

hmmm lets see here heater check, now working gas gauge check,am radio check, i pod connection VERY check, doors on the dodge check...........

my other dd is a 67 ford bronco with no doors, roof, radio, heater,

MoPar 8)Heater, good tires and wipers AND NO PAYMENTS

MoPar 8)Heater, good tires and wipers AND NO PAYMENTS

I love NO PAYMENTS!!!!!!! Co-workers criticize me all the time because our cars are old. But whenever they whine about their car payment I am sure to become their instant reminder.

What options are REQUIRED for your daily driver.
What can you not live without?

Do these requirements change if you were driving a A body on daily basis?

EDIT Added more questions:
If there was an A body that was designed to be a daily driver, would you drive it, and would you pay for it?

Chevy has Camaro and Firebird. Ford has Mustang. What if us Mopar guys had an A body with a Magnum motor, overdrive, ac, power steering and brakes, with stereo and sound deadening?

Are you talking NEW car?!
Anyway CUP HOLDER!! To hold my Double D's in the morning!

ok, lets mix things up.

IF you were going to drive an old mopar daily, does that change any answers? AWD and 4wd is out, but what about the rest of your answers?

well mine would have to have tires makes it hard to get to work lol

Heat and radio .I am with Daredevil on this I do not care about my daily driver its my weekend toy I am worried about.....

ok, lets mix things up.

IF you were going to drive an old mopar daily, does that change any answers? AWD and 4wd is out, but what about the rest of your answers?

Ummm, my '89 4x4 Ramcharger is an old Mopar. It's now 21 years old on the model year....I don't consider that new.

Correction:
If you were going to drive an A body on a daily basis, what options would you consider essential, and what would be "nice to have".

Correction:
If you were going to drive an A body on a daily basis, what options would you consider essential, and what would be "nice to have".

Air conditioning, heater, good seats, mild 318/360, an Alpine head unit, two Polk 4 way 6 X9's, two Polk 6 1/2's, and a nice new windshield for vision and safety. That's all I need right now.

I drove my Dart daily for 3 years.

It is a 340, 4 speed, front disk brakes rear 10 drums, no power stering, no A/C, no horn, no heater, no radio, and S/S springs. It had wipers but no wiper fluid pump/reservoir.

-
Back