What will it run with new convertor? Guess

-
My car lifts the front end now,no wheels off the ground but hooks up right away...
I might burn up my drag radials before this weekend.....lmao
I bet I running at least a 14.54.............
I was just joking about the 14.54 part....
Here is my guess:
60 Foot 1.93
330 Foot 5.57
1/8 Mile 8.87
MPH 77.40
1000 Foot 11.52
1/4 Mile ET 13.88
1/4 Mile MPH 96.59

I am overly anxious to run it and would be perfectly happy to run low 14's....
We will see.

Hi-way driving is out with the 3600TC anyway.
Nice car. I had a 73 mordoorteener. I thought it was a tank. At 3575, yours is about half what mine weighed.lol
My stock convertor was running 3200 rpm at 65mph and with new convertor running 2600 rpm.This new convertors are a dream,it even swallows up the hard shift from 1-2 gear(shift kit installed) like a stroker swallows up a big cam and sounds docile !
Now something I have not told you'll.
I bought this 9 1/2 dynamic convertor used !!!
and it really is for my application but bought it because it is going to be for my application soon!
here is what the seller told me:
It was built for my combo - 70 challenger, stock weight around 3500 or 3600 lbs. Rear gears are 3.91. Engine is a 360, stock valve 974 smog heads, mopar perf 284/484 cam, performer intake, tti step headers and exhaust.
I am going to go with a mild 360 and 3.91 gears in my car in the future.
391's going first before I pull the 318 out and put it in my 1966 dart.
3.55 complete rearend is going in my 66 dart as well.

If you are going to a higher gear ratio your convertor will stall more.

View attachment 20150626_204310.jpg

View attachment 20150626_204314.jpg

View attachment 20150626_205302.jpg
So here is the latest runs last weekend.
Got to track at 8pm and went straight to tech and got in line.
Grand Opening for San Antonio Raceway...turbo ricer blew his manual transmission in the right lane and under new management it took them 2 1/2 hours to clean the track !
First run,I am behind a turbo diesel ram that left so much black smoke it was tripping the pre stage and stagging lights.I did a small burnout and tires still probably wet.
Anxious to get the lanes moving they rushed me in.I planned on foot braking to 2000 rpm but I idled on up and floored it on the 3rd yellow....
Here is what I ran:
60 Foot 2.1639
330 Foot 6.1329
1/8 Mile 9.4117
MPH 75.13
1000 Foot 12.2582
1/4 Mile ET 14.6810
1/4 Mile MPH 93.28
The above was run at flooring off of idle and shifting at 6000rpm and just before my car was banging like out of fuel....
2ND Try
Go around the water box.
Foot braked to 2000 rpms and shifted at 5800 rpms
60 Foot 2.0863
330 Foot 6.0408
1/8 Mile 9.3241
MPH 74.79
1000 Foot 12.1809
1/4 Mile ET 14.6115
1/4 Mile MPH 92.99

Got to do better on the tuning but not running again till I get a 3.91 rearend in it,just need 4.5 axles got the rest...I probably 3 weeks away till I have time to run it again.
If needed there is a guy in Waco with a convertor dyno that can dial this convertor more to my combo...

Fixing to head out to Cabela's to meet a couple of friends Saturday afternoon and KnuckleDuster calls and says hardly anyone at the track.
I do not feel like loading car on trailer ,so off to San Antonio Raceway I go.
I just drove it there.
Got 4 runs in,car is missing out around 5500 rpms.I brought both front and back bowl levels up.
Dart needs more work,I need to install fuel pressure gauge and I need to purchase A/F gauge.
Carb is still rich and I got jets at the shop now.
Spur of the moment thing,here are my runs in order with the last my best,
I am car 63
View attachment 20150712_1.jpg

View attachment 20150712_2.jpg

View attachment 20150712_3.jpg

View attachment 20150712_4.jpg

Fixing to head out to Cabela's to meet a couple of friends Saturday afternoon and KnuckleDuster calls and says hardly anyone at the track.
I do not feel like loading car on trailer ,so off to San Antonio Raceway I go.
I just drove it there.
Got 4 runs in,car is missing out around 5500 rpms.I brought both front and back bowl levels up.
Dart needs more work,I need to install fuel pressure gauge and I need to purchase A/F gauge.
Carb is still rich and I got jets at the shop now.
Spur of the moment thing,here are my runs in order with the last my best,
I am car 63
View attachment 1714828730

View attachment 1714828731

View attachment 1714828732

View attachment 1714828733
Would you consider bringing your car up to Little River? Would love to see another Mopar at Little River! Is that too far away for you? I'll be going back to San Antonio when I can, but after the crowds die down. Also too many streeters out there right now and new staff needs experience.
p.s. do you plan to race the car, or do you want to know how fast it will go? (or both)

Fun night!
Inching up on 13's!
:cheers:
Yes it was Ty thanks for calling...I had fun !
Would you consider bringing your car up to Little River? Would love to see another Mopar at Little River! Is that too far away for you? I'll be going back to San Antonio when I can, but after the crowds die down. Also too many streeters out there right now and new staff needs experience.
p.s. do you plan to race the car, or do you want to know how fast it will go? (or both)
I have taken it to Little River before SAR opened back up...Trailer-ed it a couple of times and drove it once.My 1/8 mile times were bad but now with the new convertor a little better.
I consider SSS races but want to make each race and even though the first few where rained out..I have not got my car dial in right and consistent ,so maybe next year.
SAR is starting to simmer down and the crew is doing better.
Would love to at least come out soon to watch yours run !!!

I thought it odd that your best et at the worst 60 foot time. My personal experience has been that the better my 60 foot time the better my et ?

I thought it odd that your best et at the worst 60 foot time. My personal experience has been that the better my 60 foot time the better my et ?
Story behind that one...last two slips were between me and a corvette.
First time I ran him I beat him I ran a 14.44 and he a 14.30...
Last run of the night for me we were sitting in the water box waiting for the cars to clear the track when he starts smoking his tires,the guys flipped out and stopped him.They signal me to go ahead and I heated them up and just when I was going to stage he lites them up again past the tree as they were backing up one guys knocks on my door and tells me he has been hearing me missing out on the top end and says just shift sooner and you will smoke this vette.Well light turns green after my tires are now cold and they spin a little before it hooks up.I lost dash lights and could not see my tach but I did shift sooner on both 1-2 and then 2-3.
Vette passed me at the very end.
That guy probably in a 13 second car...LOL

-
Back