Whats' a AMC Rebel Machine worth???

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Found a 70 Rebel Machine for sale. Guy wants 15000. Nice body, fresh paint. It's a green car that is now Red, White, Blue scheme. Auto, 390. True machine just not a true RWB car.

Found a 70 Rebel Machine for sale. Guy wants 15000. Nice body, fresh paint. It's a green car that is now Red, White, Blue scheme. Auto, 390. True machine just not a true RWB car.

15K is about right but I would be sure to check out all the numbers as well as the correct engine. parts for those are near impossible to find. I had an SC/Rambler back in the early 70's and wish I could get that car back.

Here's a picture.

Machine.jpg

Be sure to check some block, head and intake #s. They are unique to the 70 machine. That engine was rated at 340 hp and not used in the AMX

Make sure its real.This also is one of my all time Favorite Non Mopars.
Very cool cars.... Jim

Dude...that's one of my favorite cars! $15K sounds reasonable since they were rare when new and even rarer now. Good luck!

Those were very cool cars, along with the AMX, & they hauled azzzzzz.

Buy it. if it's an actual real machine buy it!! i know up here in the great white north you rearely see those for sale and when you do they go for a fair chunk of cash. if it's a clone i wouldn't bother.

The AMC Rebel Machine the first 1000 cars were painted red,white,and blue.All the cars built after the first 1000 cars were other colors.
Jim

Jim is correct. When I posted earlier I only had half the info for a correct answer. It pays to do your homework. A green Machine would be more rare
than a red/white/blue car although the red/white & blue is the most popular color. toolman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Rebel (Interesting reading, scroll down 2 pages for Machine info)

ive never seen machine badges on a car that wasnt red white and blue.maybe i lead a sheltered life. never seen a solid color machine or the dot was good back then

These things are such rare stinking cars that even if it IS a clone, if it's done RIGHT, 15K is a great deal.

There are just none of them to go around.........They're as rare as hens teeth.........as rare as my wife cookin' my dinner..........(THAT's rare.....)...and they're one of the best looking cars of the period.

If it's an actual "Machine", even if it started as an odd color lot, changing it to the RWB scheme is exactly the same thing I would have done........

Good grief man, I sold my 72 Demon decked out with all the bells and whistles for 16K, and it was a column shift! This car looks outrageous, and even in a down market, my opinion is that 15K is a great deal. (again, IF it's right).

There is a Guy local who has a green one.Myself I like the red,white,blue cars the best.I tried to buy a red,white,blue car here off a local classic car dealer.He found it in a barn and it was a one owner car.He didn't even have it unloaded from his tralier yet I offered him 10K.He wanted to clean it up and get more for it.I later learned he paid 5K for it.He could have made 5K off me by doing nothing more than towing it 25 miles back to his dealership.And if he would have said I will take 12K or 13K I would have bought it anyway.
Jim

He sold it on e-bay for 15,300. I waited too long.

If that was a real Machine and nice as it looked that was a good deal.Machines bring real good money now.I will get one one day I hope.
Jim

-
Back