Whats everone working on?

-
I'm currently experimenting in my garage with ELECTROLYSIS to remove rust from some rusty parts. :)

You can read all about it here... -> http://antique-engines.com/electrol.asp

electrolysis.jpg

Hi!

It is always great to meet new Mopar folks! I am the original owner, of a 71 Duster 340 Class 1 Show Car. I also repair, calibrate all Gauges, Speedometers, Tacs & Detail Mopar instrument panels. A New Tac can be installed into panel clusters from behind like OEM & can be put in the A-Body Brown Rectangle panel as well. If you or friends need help or have questions, I would be glad to assist & have several restoration pictures.

All the Best,

John
< [email protected] > Please put: < Inst Pnl > in Subject area so I know you.

I'm working on trying to find a new home with a big shop or room to build one. We have been searching for a year at least. I have a double garage but the Cuda is in there, Volkswagen beetle is in there, tools, parts, the Swinger is under a tarp on the lawn. With winter here I can't even pull one out to play with the other...deep sigh... We have looked into building but I am not willing to put everything else aside for a couple of years to do it. That's what I'm working on, a Christmas power whine!

Best of the season to all, be safe.
How does that song go?, All I want for Christmas is a great big shop....

Restoration on my '74 Duster is about 90% complete. The the really good "fun" stuff is about to begin.

Over the past four months I've re-done the interior in black with used parts and some SEM, repaired several rusted areas in the rockers, floor, trunk and wheelwells, installed new shifter, subframe connectors, SS springs, front 'n rear swaybars, gauges, a kick-butt sound system, and fixed about a dozen other minor defects with various things.

In the meantime I had a C-Body 8.75 housing narrowed, tubed and braced. Yukon axels, Powertrax locker, 3.73 ring 'n pinion and bearing install kit are all onhand, ready for a 3rd member rebuild. I'll leave a 3.23 open in it just to see what that ratio feels like while I think about working on the other center section. Anything will be better than the 2.73 8.25 open it's been pulling around with since I got it.

I'm also making a set of caltracs, but not sure if they are necessary with the SS springs. Maybe they will come into play at some point if the 440 I have occupying an engine stand in the corner of the garage ever gets installed. The 340 in there now seems plenty strong enough.

It should be race-ready after I get just a few more days to invest full-time bringing the rear chassis / suspension up to snuff. I think I will try flipping the front spring hangers upside down, lowering the rear end to a more stock-looking height. It will be a real sleeper when I'm through. The only indication anything unusual is going on will be the exhaust note (Hooker comp through Magnaflows) and "somewhat wider than you'd expect to see on a '74 Duster" tires.

Cheers...

Paul

I'm currently getting everything together to swap in a Big block 400 and an 4 speed overdrive. It will definately be in and on the road by the third week of the New year. I been working on getting everthing together for th last 5 months. I can't wait to fill the differance from a 360 SB 727 to a 400 BB a-833 OD. It's going to be awesome.

I took the Ol'Dodge Dart out for a quick cruise to turn the wheel bearings over and get the rust of the brakes. (It had not been driven for 6 months) By the way, I put a small, solid core battery in the old Mopar case and it still had power in it! The 340 started right up! OK, on with my story. I drove the Dart about 25 miles and decided to fill her up just before I put her back into storage. I got premium for $2.17/g and when I started her up at the station, NO OIL PRESSURE! (It is full restoration so all I have is the stock oil light) I only had 3 blocks to drive back to the my shop. So I went slowly back. I did not hear any lifter noise or rod noise. When I got her back, I checked the sending unit and the wire was still connected. I relaced this unit when we rebuilt the 340 5 years ago. I have driven the car about 2,500 miles since the rebuild. I know I need to put a mechanical gauge on the engine, which I will do. But, what could have gone wrong? I kicked her down into passing gear and she shifts a 5,200 rpms. I did this after she was warmed up. I drove her for about 30 minutes after that. She ran well and showed nothing until I started her at the station. Any ideas?

OlDuster said:
I took the Ol'Dodge Dart out for a quick cruise to turn the wheel bearings over and get the rust of the brakes. (It had not been driven for 6 months) By the way, I put a small, solid core battery in the old Mopar case and it still had power in it! The 340 started right up! OK, on with my story. I drove the Dart about 25 miles and decided to fill her up just before I put her back into storage. I got premium for $2.17/g and when I started her up at the station, NO OIL PRESSURE! (It is full restoration so all I have is the stock oil light) I only had 3 blocks to drive back to the my shop. So I went slowly back. I did not hear any lifter noise or rod noise. When I got her back, I checked the sending unit and the wire was still connected. I relaced this unit when we rebuilt the 340 5 years ago. I have driven the car about 2,500 miles since the rebuild. I know I need to put a mechanical gauge on the engine, which I will do. But, what could have gone wrong? I kicked her down into passing gear and she shifts a 5,200 rpms. I did this after she was warmed up. I drove her for about 30 minutes after that. She ran well and showed nothing until I started her at the station. Any ideas?

Wiring problem. use a cheap little gauge in place of the sending unit just hold the gauge for now and see what pressure is , lets hope you have oil pressure ! If so I would check the pressure switch ( more likly to fail when not using )

I am trying to get some energy to pull the AM/FM thumbwheel radio out of my '68 Dart. I found this radio a couple of years ago and had it rebuilt. I turned it on last summer and it started to smell and the AM part quit working. All I have now is the FM. I called the guy I paid big bucks for rebuilding it and he said bring it back in. He honors his work. I will install the old AM radio because he will take a year to rebuild it, again!

My girlfriend got me a new vaccume guage and a new digital timing light with a built in tach and adjustable advance for my birthday so I got the new 360 in my 73 all tunned in just right, drainned and changed all the fluids (anyone install a drain plug on the back cover of a 8 1/4 ?), installed the valve body with the shift kit in the 727, still looking for a good 8 1/4 rear for my 73.
Her 72 scamp is comming along....slowly, http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/scamp...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
I have to trim the new carpet to fit it, order a hardboard headliner, drain the 2 year old gas in the tank and install the new tank and lines, go pick up the trunk lid, pass door, front valance pannels and some plum crazy touch up paint from the paint guy next weekend.
The 53 merc pick up with the volarie clip and 400 mopar along with the 27 T are still in my storage unit about an hour away.
All that along with filling out the loan papers for a house, then finding a house with a 2 car attached and room to build a 40X40 shop that dosen't have neighbors too close so they cant yell at me at 2 am for starting up a motor with no exhaust.
And now thanks to 65s's post it looks like I will be playing with electrolysis, Thanks, thats all I needed! LOL (Did it clean the rust off pretty good?)

Hi,
I,m working on two cars at the moment. 67 Cuda the has been stroked 340 to a 416, and it has a Procharger from the Supercharger Store. I had it dyno, it made 650 hp and 710 ft/lbtq. It's yellow with black interior, disc brakes all the way around. Trans is a hemi 4speed, I'm looking for a auto that is builtup to trade for the 4 speed.
The Dart is a 318 the has been built with 340 J heads new cam and 150 shot of NOS. It's auto trans on the tree, bench sets blue with black interior and a Hemi hood scoope. 83/4 rear 3:91 posi front disc brakes. I would like to sell this, due to my wife said I shot the wad on the Cuda. I want $7350.00 O.B.O Thank you, Joe

the car I am currently working on is not a a-body but I think is prety cool it was in the august under construction column in mopar collecters guide. It is a 93 Stealth/3000 GT body with a EFI440/and a 518od soon to be super charged ATI F1R

day one.jpg

painted 2.jpg

WOW! Some job above. Nice. Makes my project seem small.
'74 Duster. Looking swap the entire drive train and suspension w/brakes from 4 wheel drum to 11-3/4 disks and 11 inch drums in the back.
Pictures below are the car, the carb (Small AVS left) the pile of parts, 318/904/8-14 rear w/3.21 and suregrip. Close up of drum.

Waiting on sheet metal, floors front and rear 1.4's, headers, exhaust and swap kit.

101_0286.JPG

100_0470.jpg

100_0574.jpg

100_0626.JPG

And the intake, LD4B. Small AVS left. I added an electric choke to it.

100_0468.jpg

100_0469.jpg

well right now i am trying to get the bracket car running and ready for this season, its been sitting since it was involved in a towing accident three years ago. the sheet metal work is done and the frame is straightened, now to repair the wiring that got shorted out, replace the bent headers, and hope it still runs. i really need to get back to the track and beat something to death,,its been to long ....

i´m working on .... charging the batterys for my digitalcamera so i can go out and make a nice bournoutvideo for all of you guys soo you know that the spring is here ;)

The 68 belongs to my wife and the 66 is mine..they are both just being started on. I just converted the 68 to disc front and BBP with an 8 1/4 rear. I have yet to begin the 66.

66 Cuda.JPG

Stormys baby.JPG

Hi guys

This is my time consumer. Hey Coyote Jack nice to see you finish your project, looking good. Are you going to the Atlantic Street National in Moncton in july?

Robert

70 Duster 360 Engine Shortblock From Mopar Perf
J Heads Factory 6 Pack A833 4 Speed Hooker Comp Headers
S60 Strange Rear
Spring Relocation Kit
Xhd Springs
6 Pack Hood Cragar Ss Wheels On Front
Master Power Pb Conversion Kit
Pic S To Follow
Inviolet Paint Flat Black Twister Stripes
Pics Will Follow
Mike

Rebuilding a 68 Dart GT (factory 318) into a street bruiser, I already completed the mini tub/spring relocation/and tied the frames. I cleaned and painted the entire underside of the car and rebuilt the front end while swapping to large pattern disc brakes. Under the hood is painted what will be body color and the rearend is a narrowed 8.75 with moser axles and 3.91 sure grip. Wheels are polished centerline auto/drags and tires are bfgoodrich.
before

after mini tub

-
Back