Whats it worth

-
I think finding bucket seats and tracks would be more difficult and more costly than finding a replacement drive train if necessary.

...and those are already there and nice.

Dang.

Now I want that car.

A friend of mine just bought (last week) a running, driving 75 Dart 4 door SE.

318, A/C, PS, and V8, PDB spool mount K frame.

Rusted quarters and deck, but super nice front sheet metal and grille.

$1200

Well i went to see it tonight. So heres the skinny on the fatty. I am very good with sheetmetal and rust repair, and would not mind fixing any of that if it was NOT gonna be a flipper, however when i picked up the trunk mat i saw rust holes in the trunk floor. It would need a complete trunk floor, and trunk extensions, the damage was too extensive for just patches. The quarter lowers would need to be patched in the front and rear of the rear wheel openings. Definitely would need front floorboards. Carpet was glued to the floor so i couldent pull it up, but i could see pinholes from underneath, and that is a telltale sign. Engine in it is an LA360 not a 318 as i was originally told. I checked the block number. Oil was nice clean, trans fluid was clean. it had a new edelbrock RPM airgap on it, new holley 750, new radiator, stock exhaust manifolds with dual exhausts. With the wiring effed up i couldent hear it run. The window regulator on the passenger side has issues, and window is clamped in place all the way up. He has the gage cluster, ash tray and other dash pieces. All the seat upholstery is good, headliner board is decent, sunvisors are decent. He has both door panels , pull handles, trims for the inner door handles, and the upper door caps those are uncracked. The door panels are typical peeling and rippled 35 plus year old pieces. He said he would only go as low as $3K. Sooo I'm out. I was willing to go an even $1,500 for it, but $3K is too high. I guess it will sit for that price.

In this condition If it was something like lets say it was my first car or something like that, then yeah it would be worth fixing. Sentimental value and all that jazz. Of course its always worth more to the seller and less to the buyer. On a lighter note he has a nice set of 4 vintage ET aluminum mags for BBP mopar i may be interested in.

Last edited:
$1500 is way too much.

Sounds like a newbie that got way over his head.

$1,500 only if my intention was to keep it. Not too fond of the 73 up dusters. My intent was to flip it not keep it. As a flipper i'd go $1,000 no more. Brought a grand with me in case.

-
Back