whats more comfortable for everyday use

-

71dustar

Reaction score
I'm deciding whether i should put fixed back race seats into my duster that has a 4pt roll bar and will have a 4pt harness or a reclining race seat?

This is what I did. Ditched the race buckets in favor of 2001 Chrysler Concord buckets in cloth. Dirvers 6 way power and passenger seat. Easy hook up and mounting.

You'll need to drill some holes, some line up. Electric power hook up is easy and I grounded the seats motor to the hold down bolts.

These seats were barley heavier than the Summit race buckets. And alot more comfy. You will have to get a little creative in mounting and i used box tube @ 1X2 cut up. I straightened out the seats mounting tabs and went right though the floor.

All in all, this was easy. It just took time to look at and figure exactly which way I wanted to go.

Click here and go to the bottom of page 7 and top of page 8.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=10508

Dam race seats are hard on your ***. The covers that come with them are only 1/2 an inch of padding on a rock hard base.

Go with stock stuff for travelling any distance or do as rumble did, and go with something comfy.

Usually the biggest problem is getting the right colour to match the back seat and the rest of the interior.

I went with Summit sport seats which may be a good compromise. Not plush comfy but moreso than race buckets. And they have provisions for a harness. Plenty comfy for daily use.

frontseatdetailimg.jpg

firstout3img.jpg

show02img.jpg

-
Back