What's up with MOPAR MUSCLE?

-
In the article it says that it is a 74 Dart Sport Tribute......maybe he is doing a tribute to a Duster?

Maybe the owner converted his Duster to the better looking front end? :D
(Kidding, of course... I love my Dart Sport but I suspect nobody ever wanted to switch. :D )

never liked the dart sport name. i liked the demon name better.. so they caved to the idiot church groups who should have been cleaning up their own houses instead of worrying about what name is on a stinking car. just think they could have used their imagination a little more to come up with a better name..

LOL...too true. That said, the "Demon" name doesn't fit the more formal/boring look of the '73+ plus cars in my opinion. "Dart Sport" is admittedly lame though. Presumably it was cheaper for them to keep the standard "DART" fender logo and only have to create that little rectangle "sport" badge and that was probably a big factor. :)

don't tell al bundy. He called his duster a dodge for the entire show...

dodge.jpg

dodge2.jpg
lmao!

my take on things like this: odds are that mag is owned by a bigger company, that more then likely puts out a GM and or Ford mag. all the little companys get eatten up or sell out for the all mighty buck. On that same note, im willing to bet almost anyone here would drop there mopar if chevy or ford offered them enough money. bottom line, its just a guy that got a job for some company that puts out a mopar mag, that may turn into a GM mag next week. Sad but true. (by the way, i can relate to al bundys life, im living it)

I stopped caring about car magazine subscriptions, about 2 years after I got out of High School.

If I'm waiting in the grocery store, or near a newsstand of any kind, I'll pick it up and read it, but honestly, I don't need them collecting dust in my house. I've got some street freak and custom van mags in a box in the garage, but outside of those, I don't have a single car magazine that post dates 1968. Most of the magazines I have are from the 1950s and early '60s that were given to me.

ok, I HAVE TO SAY SOMTHING, first the mag. should know better, they are a mopar magazine. Does anyone else think they should stick with "classic " mopar muscle ? My name is Wayne CAWLEY, im the guy who helped & painted the editors wifes red DART SPORT

I was going to mention that. I'm sure Randy is taking some heat for this. As mentioned before the layout people may not know squat about Mopars. The proofreaders aren't brain surgeons either. Typical nowdays! I have talked to Randy a few times at shows and he is a stand up Mopar guy. He knows the difference between Darts and Dusters. tmm

That magazine went to hell a loonng time ago. When we watched that whiney guy build some big W headed stroked R3 block that was a total pooch then scatter the thing I threw the to well in and cancelled.

Do any of you know?? that before the "Demon" name,, Dodge was going to call it "Beaver".. Where that came from I'll never know. Maybe some LSD and a hot night with some girl.

I enjoy getting my mags in the mail. Mopar Muscle, Mopar Action,doesn't really matter to me. At least they involve the brand/cars that we are into.
I'll take them over Hot Rod (Chevy) mag any day.

ok, I HAVE TO SAY SOMTHING, first the mag. should know better, they are a mopar magazine. Does anyone else think they should stick with "classic " mopar muscle ? My name is Wayne CAWLEY, im the guy who helped & painted the editors wifes red DART SPORT

x2....I don't give a rats *** about the crap "muscle cars" Chrysler is producing now..the cut off point should be the end of the Aspen /Volare run...

i picked up one the other cad and it was just about all the new crud...

too bad..

I get Collectors Guide and Mopar Muscle. Let me just say, at least Randy Bolig from Muscle owns Mopars, builds Mopars, and wrenches on his own Mopars. Rob Wolf, although a successful editor doesn't own a Mopar as far as I know and I haven't seen him wrenching or personally building one either. Definately two different magazines. Mopar Action I pick up at the newsstand occasionally and it isn't too bad. They all have their strong points and weaknesses..

Ya can't blame Dodge for wanting to finally get it right by making the Dart look like the Duster.

:angel4:
Well maybe Dodge had it right from the beginning and the dart sport was an afterthought for the duster body to hang on...I'll take my dart anyday over the 'dartsport'..they are as such in name only,duster bodies with the great dart name are just a duster...which I am a fan of pre 73...getting rid of the plymouth line was an economical decision and a dumb one I might add...they should've concentrated on the demons/dusters and left the dart name out of it...just called it a duster sport or volare sport or a superbee sport[mexican] just my 2 cents...I'll keep my dart thank you

x2....I don't give a rats *** about the crap "muscle cars" Chrysler is producing now..the cut off point should be the end of the Aspen /Volare run...

i picked up one the other cad and it was just about all the new crud...

too bad..

Say what? We all have our preferences, of course..but how the heck can you include the Volare/Aspen but turn your nose up at the modern Challenger? I do not get that at all.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Aspen more than I probably ought to...but it seems arbitrary to just pick a date to cut it off rather than any merits of the vehicle.

sergio-marchionnes-2011-dodge-challenger-srt8-392_100421686_l.jpg

Well Wayne, it seems like they need to put SOMETHING in their mag besides ads. I told the guy hawking it at the Garlits show, that there was just no content. I saw that car, and the blue bee at local shows. They are both nice cars, but it must be great to have all your parts given to you, then have someone else do all the work. They seem to forget in these mags that we would actually have to pay for those $600 hood hinges. As far as new cars in the mag, They are O.K. sometimes, but there's not much the average guy can do to a late model except a cold air kit and exhaust. The prices for performance parts for new cars is nuts.

i started readin the mopar mags back before there was any>! LOL then i read them till i OD ed on them, went cold turkey and quite them ALL together. life was better then! the other half did me a f avor las t month and paid $6-7 at wallyworld for copy of mopar action. yes several articles of somewhat interest to me, good good ole boy n y tech article, but i still chocked on the newstand price. HEY that could have paid for what!? a qt of good oil!???? LOL
but ya can't go by me. got old enough to grow old fart hairs in my ears, love to drive the old /6 and tell myself its really a six cylder HEMI!!! LOL

If I remember seeing the article, the heading is CORRECT. They painted DUSTER stripes on a DART SPORT. Those stripes look like ones on a 70 Duster. I think the car is for sale now, too, saw it posted this month either on Moparts or somewhere else...

Ive written a few articles for Mopar Action, and I can at least say, they are sticklers for accuracy!

MCG and Mopar Action are the only ones I subscribe to. I may flip through a copy of Mopar Muscle at the grocery store, but I'm not real interrested in their tech...
$10k hop-up for your new Challenger, Aluminum Hemi head swap, and other outrageous "tech" that a guy earning 50k a year could NEVER afford.

Say what? We all have our preferences, of course..but how the heck can you include the Volare/Aspen but turn your nose up at the modern Challenger? I do not get that at all.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Aspen more than I probably ought to...but it seems arbitrary to just pick a date to cut it off rather than any merits of the vehicle.

I tested the new chally and this is what I bought...and I am not the only FABA member to do so..

_IGP4023a-XL.jpg

I think there are so many things wrong with the new chally starting with it's name ..and a 4 door charger..crumbs...leave these cars to "new" MOPAR mags...

I am not a particular fan of the aspen / volare series becase I drove them new but I understand their supports arguments ...but anything after than...nah, it is like including my 'gt in a classic mustang mag..

What classic MOPAR has been built after '80 ?

Don't discount the new Challengers. They are quite popular and the owners are just as passionate about their cars as we are. I am a member of Challengertalk.com and it is a busy site like here at FABO. In fact they have 3500 more members than we do. What I have seen is the passion for Mopar performance and they aren't afraid to modify their $30,000 rides to their choosing. Not every Mopar fan can afford a new Challenger (or a old one for that matter) just the same as why I drive a 66 Dart and can't afford a 71 Demon or a 66 Coronet which I'd love to have one of each. The Mopar magazines that publish articles about the new technology are filling a void left empty by their competition. Does that make that magazine bad? No, just different. Just my opinion! tmm

Here's my late model Challenger. Not quite done yet but getting closer.

Attachments

• IMG_20131231_092127.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 262
Toolmanmike,

I can agree with different ..but does this expose have to come at the classic mopar expense... ?

I am really liking the 66 or so Plymouth belvadere since I will never own my holy grail, the '69 charger r/t. With the 'stangs, a new mag was developed for that type of car.

What many forget is that even though us old folks have read tons on the older cars, the new folks into the sport haven't so if they are not exposed, they will all be driving hondas...like in the college I go to..

I tested the new chally and this is what I bought...and I am not the only FABA member to do so..

_IGP4023a-XL.jpg

I think there are so many things wrong with the new chally starting with it's name ..and a 4 door charger..crumbs...leave these cars to "new" MOPAR mags...

I am not a particular fan of the aspen / volare series becase I drove them new but I understand their supports arguments ...but anything after than...nah, it is like including my 'gt in a classic mustang mag..

What classic MOPAR has been built after '80 ?

I LOL'd at your post grassy. After hearing so much about the Mustangs, I finally drove one, same color as yours even.

Below is what I bought. lol

BTW, I LOVE my car!
Dallas

P.S. I, too, have been wanting a '66 or '67 B-body for some time, but seems like everyone is wanting one nowadays. So I doubt I'll ever be able to afford a decent one now. Got my driver's license in a '66 Coronet.

Attachments

• IMG_9741.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 251
I say ask Randy. I have way to much to worry about lol

I have had it out with his *** over there a lot. He gets pissed off when I tell the truth. That they've turned that rag into nothing more than a proving ground for high end sponsors and turned themselves into nothing but a bunch of silver spooners who take advantage of all the sponsors freebies. That really fires his *** up but it's the truth.

Car Craft used to be one of my favorites, but they went that way too. Nowadays it's all about which rag can use the highest price parts on which project. Pretty pitiful, really. Not something I'm gonna pay 7.99 an issue for.

-
Back