What's wrong with this picture??

-

cudamark

Reaction score
Actually, these two pictures. Bought this carb a few years back when your only out-of-town source for parts was Hemmings Motor News. (Isn't the Internet great in comparison?) It's a 4119S Carter AFB stamped base and was sold to me as an "original" '66 273 4bbl. 4 speed w/o C.A.P. that just needed a kit. Give me your opinions and then I'll give you the rest of the story!
Thanks, Mark

100_0439.jpg

100_0440.jpg

Well, let me see if I got this. It's a Mopar linkage carb with a top from another carb since the fuel inlet is on the wrong side.

Nice huh? It came this way....loose top screws and all! Check out the air horn hose connection in the bottom photo. Near as I can tell the top section is from a Cadillac! Goodness only know what's inside for metering rods and jets. I was hoping for a return so I left it the way I received it. I tried to get ahold of the seller at least a dozen times over several weeks but could only leave an answer on his machine or talk to his wife who claimed he was "out of town at a car show". He never returned my calls so I finally gave up and decided to tell others of my experience so they'll know to be carefull. This guy is still selling stuff today and is bigger than ever. Tony's Auto in Delaware....
Thanks, Mark

-
Back