Where to fing gears for 741 case?

-

Craig NY

Reaction score
Well ive been looknig for gears on Sumitt, Jegs, and all i see is gears for 742, or 489, what gives, where can i get gears!

Randy's ring and pinion .com I think. I'll be right back with a link;......errr, something wrong with my mouse. It is a .com

I have a set of 4.10 designed for the 42 case in my 41 case. Lizard racing did the work. It's been in excess of 12 years now. No problems.

Yes gears interchange between 741 and 742 cases even though the 741 has 1 3/8 pinion and the 742 has 1 3/4 the collar in the 741 is 1 3/4 outside dia.....kim.........

I was looking for a set of gears for my 65 and Randy's was very expensive.
I was able to do a search on the net and find gears for much less.

I ended up with a set of Motive 3.55 gears.They have worked perfect.
Cant remember where I got them,just google the gears you are looking for.You should get 1000 hits.

oldkimmer said:
Yes gears interchange between 741 and 742 cases even though the 741 has 1 3/8 pinion and the 742 has 1 3/4 the collar in the 741 is 1 3/4 outside dia.....kim.........
So the yukon gears i was looking at will work, cause they state on the link that i posted that they are compatible with bolth cases

i can buy yukon gears from randys ring and pinion for my 741 case for $140 dollars last time i called.to price which was about a month ago.i did not think they were to high. i bought a 94 chevy cheap to fix and sell and they sold me a new rear carrier for $70.gears for $100.they seem to be pretty reasonable on there pricing.they are alittle high on shipping in my opinion.

I want to run higher than 373' without changing my case, i have my locker on order and im looking to run like a 410 or something

oldkimmer said:
Thats exactly what I have had done. I didn't know that. (Or any better when I had it done.)
Still working today.

Craig NY said:
I want to run higher than 373' without changing my case, i have my locker on order and im looking to run like a 410 or something
Changing the case?????? What's that?
Get sure grip and gears and iinstall. pop in axle housing. Done, go race. Have fun, stay straight, go fast.

Talked to the guys from Randys today, great guys! After discussing it i went with a new 489 case from them, good quality piece so now i can run my 411's, also purchased from Randys, with installation kit, all bearings and seals, that along with my Detroit locker on the way from Summit and now ill have a rear that can handle anything, my axles are good for now, ill consider changing em when i start to put down more power, prob next year, this setup is really gonna wake her up, welds on the way too, im psyched

i bought randys aftermarket yukon axles for my duster.i get wholesale cost.they cost me $95 each.i also bought the green bearings.they all worked great.

A little late, but I get all my rear axle stuff from Cass Eslick. "DrDiff" on moparts. best prices I've found and great guy to deal with. It's a bit cheaper even with shipping to CT from Montana than even my local shops I get discounts at.

So, what really is the procedure to install 4:10's in a 741 case? It can be done? Or not? Just curious, if I buy a 741 3rd member I would like to know.

moper said:
A little late, but I get all my rear axle stuff from Cass Eslick. "DrDiff" on moparts. best prices I've found and great guy to deal with. It's a bit cheaper even with shipping to CT from Montana than even my local shops I get discounts at.

Dr. Diff's a good guy to deal with. I got all the carrier bearings, shims, sure grip rebuild parts, and green bearings from him for my 741. Oh, and a different yoke too because the spline count was different from stock to Gear Motive.

-
Back