Which 727 do I have?

-

dentdelete

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on my problem? I am upgrading my 65 dart gt with a 727. I have at my disposal a 1986 small block 727. My question is about this model, it has some sort of wire connection coming out of the driver side of it. Is this some sort of computer module that I will have problems with or are there any other issues on this year model. Should I get an earlier model 727 or will this one work. Any help will be greatly appreciated,Thx

I dont think it is, Ive been told that it is the wiring for the lock up converter.....? Is this a tranny that is good to bulid or should I go with something better

I misread your post, I tought I saw 1968 transmission, not 1986.

I will let the trans experts chime in. I am not familiar with the newer stuff.

All torqueflites have a switch on the drives side right about the pan rail about mid way. This is the neutral saftey switch and backup light switch. Also It can be either a lockup or non-lockup. They made both that year. You can identify the lockup vs. the non-lockup easily by looking at the input shaft. It the input shaft has splines all the way to the end it's a non-lockup. If the front end of the input shaft is machined down like it was turned down in a lathe about 1/2" it's a lockup trans. I haven't had any experience with lockups so I don't know where the wire came out for the lockup control.

Just incase your talking about the shift cable, imperial services sells a push button cable kit to make the new work with the old=$300

Other wise you must be talking about the lock up solenoid.

Just incase your talking about the shift cable, imperial services sells a push button cable kit to make the new work with the old=$300

Other wise you must be talking about the lock up solenoid.

Your banned 3404spdval. Sorry dude.

-
Back