Who has recurved a "Skip White" distributor?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
........"Skip White" and "other" similar import distributors or "ready to run.........."

Heard a bunch from many of you using these, but what do they have for a curve, and what is involved recurving them?

Here is a post on that: " Ready To Run " Distributor Dissasembly (Pic Heavy)
I haven't tried it. A Mallory uni-Iite w/adjustable vacuum advance is much superior.

Results may vary. My short test on stock 273 2b, to keep from rattling on take-off, base timing needed reduced, then not enough timing for cruise.. Bench test suggests about 20 degees mech, 20 degrees vac, at crank. Tried non ported vacuum, that helped some ... never satisfied.

Beware .. shaft too long such that distributor would not seat, Had to clock distributor just right to get timing set due to interference with oil pressure sender and big lump for ignition module. Distributor cap, clips are junk, mold appears carved with exacto knife. Also check tracking, needed to shim roto with o-ring to keep spark on terminals.

Last edited:
Hi Dave, thanks. How is the mid engine car doing?

The Aztec7 is doing well. I use it as the test mule for my EFI ignition work. It proves that significant performance gains are possible. I will not say how much, everybody would think I lie.

About my SW distributor, I think the shaft must of been pinned wrong in mine, too long at tail, top too short for rotor terminal to mate with cap terminals.

I am here if you or others have interest in electric advance system. I spend most of my time baby sitting a grandson, but have time in the evenings. If I am not able to pass on the technology, it will be lost. COP Ignition Development
20151015_170636.jpg

-
Back