Why is this car not selling???..

-

stroked340

Reaction score
Seems pretty nice to me especially for the price..ebay item#121976783277

Plymouth: Duster HEMI ORANGE! PRICE SLASHED!

pretty nice car but I think the economy is still in the toilet worse than a lot of people want to believe.

Local to me the place has reduced population because of job loss and people moving to bigger cities to find some green pasture out there somewhere.

There are houses in rows for sale and some have been for sale for the past year. I see the number of people walking around with that kind of money in cash, in hand and ready to buy, greatly reduced these days.

For me a few things. Tribute 340, really a 360. Bench seats. Looks like a rust problem potentially under all that orange paint.

Couple things for me...... its a 318 car, not a "H" code, Lots of evidence of a sloppy build. Heater motor painted over, wiring near the brake booster looks horid, paint all over wiring and even windshield washer hoses, looks like they spent 10 minutes prepping for paint, hole in cowl, overspray all over the door jamb rubbers, underneath is surface rusty and exhaust looks like a backyard hack job. Even the sheild over the gastank vent tubes apears to be held on with mechanics wire...Thats just what i can see from my recliner....

Last edited:
it looks like it was thrown together and makes you wonder about what you cant see like motor and trans etc...it is dressed up fishing for a sucker maybe??

how much more trouble would it have been to remove the blower motor and wiper motor? That says volumes about the build in my opinion.

More, wiring is a mess. Just what we can see of it. 7 1/4 rear end it looks like. Looks like a good start for a project, not a finished 13000 car.

No rally dash !!!!

and to think, they originally wanted 19.9 for it LOL

Seems pretty nice to me especially for the price..ebay item#121976783277

So that's a nice car to you huh? You. The one whose always talkin about how great his own stuff is. Now that's funny right THERE.

Wow,rough crowd my '70 duster is a 318 factory car too with a 360
So that's a nice car to you huh? You. The one whose always talkin about how great his own stuff is. Now that's funny right THERE.

I guess i missed something looking at it,but seeing as they want 16k for that '73 that was on here last week this '70 is a deal...as for my duster anyone thats seen it knows how nice it is...

Wow,rough crowd my '70 duster is a 318 factory car too with a 360

I guess i missed something looking at it,but seeing as they want 16k for that '73 that was on here last week this '70 is a deal...as for my duster anyone thats seen it knows how nice it is...

I was asking because you generally put down everybody else's stuff and make everything you do and own sound perfect.

I was asking because you generally put down everybody else's stuff and make everything you do and own sound perfect.

That may be true to a point you got a '73 and up no use for them foreign crap nothing to do with it..lots of cars on here that i have commented nicely on(lots of nice cars on here)..will never have anything good to say about the new stuff Mopar/fiat puts out i have high standards when it comes to my vehicles all of them..

That may be true to a point you got a '73 and up no use for them foreign crap nothing to do with it..lots of cars on here that i have commented nicely on(lots of nice cars on here)..will never have anything good to say about the new stuff Mopar/fiat puts out i have high standards when it comes to my vehicles all of them..

I actually agree with all that. But your delivery of said opinions leaves a lot to be desired. You need to remember people have different experiences with the same as well as different things.

Whereas you think all foreign cars are crap, someone else may not. You don't have to talk condescending to someone and insult their choice simply because you may have had a different opinion.

You can be a likable sort and could be even moreso if you would maybe think before you type, like I have done myself.

RustyRatRod said:
Quickie paint to flip.
Sadly Sir I must agree.
Sad because I sooo wanted the vehicle to be an true 'H' code...
But then, All the years I have 'interfaced' with Mopar factory builds & people,
I have never seen wire harnesses painted ...& 'H' builds were done circa 'Jan '72.
Correct Me if in error Sir

its not 12K nice thats why.

shitty paint..
under carriage makes it look like it sat in salt water or something. makes me thing there is a lot hiding under that paint..

even shittier paint under the hood.

and shittier as all hell wiring under the hood. god knows what else is half assed on that car..

yeah - that's a $5K car with a $12K bid... A 318, with a paint job, and a 360 tossed in. Nothing special.

I wouldn't bid because of his feedback even if I wanted it

We should all message him with a $6000 offer

Oh I like your thinking.
Let's get the E body guys next!
LMAO!
That ain't no 16K Cuda and the Duster......
Is that a Edelbrock economaster intake?

-
Back