Will F, M, J-body clutch pedals work in an a-body?

-

shrk2thgrl

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to pick up a set of F,M,J-body Clutch & Brake pedals real cheap but not positive they will work properly in a 1976 Dart? Does anyone here know if they will or not? Thank you in advance.

If the price is right, buy them. They ain't making new ones. Mopar parts hoarding is fun

Hey did you ever end up buying the pedals for mopar hoarding purposes?

Nah, I didn't. Though the thought did cross my mind pretty seriously, as I have a neighbor who has a 78 Magnum he has been trying to sell me for years and I secretly have always wanted one with a 4spd and 440...;)

Nah, I didn't. Though the thought did cross my mind pretty seriously, as I have a neighbor who has a 78 Magnum he has been trying to sell me for years and I secretly have always wanted one with a 4spd and 440...;)
Can’t you take an earlier pedal set up from a B body, like a ‘73/‘74 and use those? I thought that was the case.

I knew a guy that modified a Toyota clutch and brake pedal set to fit his 71 Challenger. He didn't like how the E body set fit so he went a different way.
The guy was a mad scientist in some ways.

Can’t you take an earlier pedal set up from a B body, like a ‘73/‘74 and use those? I thought that was the case.
You might? I have only ever had 2 B-bodies. They are fun but A-bodies are just more affordable...
I know you could have bought one of the 75-77 2dr Plymouth fury's with a three on the tree but those are not very common. I had a 78 Cordoba 30+ years ago as a Daily, I always thought it would have been fun with a 4spd.

A 78 Mag is a B body though. I don't know if the F pedals would work

Truueee... I guess they were still B-bodies that late... So it would not work anyways most likely...?

Truueee... I guess they were still B-bodies that late... So it would not work anyways most likely...?
The Dodge Magnum, in the US, was always a B body until Chrysler dropped it after 79. 81 to 88 there was a rebadged Mexican Diplomat called a Magnum. But that was Mexico only.

A B body guy would knowing the pedals would work but I have serious doubts

It is Shark Tooth Grille, but some had thought the "grl" was Girl and I used to laugh about it as it happened quite a bit on other forums I was associated with using the same name.. lol

The answer is no & no, F-M-J pedals are unique. Now whether You can use/mod the actual pedals/pivot rod/bushings with the A auto column bracket I've never tried or investigated.

It is Shark Tooth Grille, but some had thought the "grl" was Girl and I used to laugh about it as it happened quite a bit on other forums I was associated with using the same name.. lol
That's what I thought and at first I was like "yay, another girl on the site" because there's not very many of us.

Then I suspected grl meant grille given the shark tooth part. Then I pictured a shark tooth girl LMAO

That's what I thought and at first I was like "yay, another girl on the site" because there's not very many of us.

Then I suspected grl meant grille given the shark tooth part. Then I pictured a shark tooth girl LMAO
I have tried my dangedest to get my daughter into my old Mopars, she just has no interest..

I have tried my dangedest to get my daughter into my old Mopars, she just has no interest..
Do you have an auto school near by. When I was younger I would have never in a million years thought to be a car gal. At that time all cars looked the same to me.
Then I was going to community college and I was late to the open enrollment and almost every class I needed was already full.

The advisor said, "how about an auto shop class, it would count as humanities credit and fit your schedule" at first I was like not only no but hell no!

I kinda didn't have any choice, so I took the class and it changed my entire life and i ended up finishing the whole automotive program.

Cars can change your life for the better, especially a mopar

Do you have an auto school near by. When I was younger I would have never in a million years thought to be a car gal. At that time all cars looked the same to me.
Then I was going to community college and I was late to the open enrollment and almost every class I needed was already full.

The advisor said, "how about an auto shop class, it would count as humanities credit and fit your schedule" at first I was like not only no but hell no!

I kinda didn't have any choice, so I took the class and it changed my entire life and i ended up finishing the whole automotive program.

Cars can change your life for the better, especially a mopar
Hmm.. I'll admit she is 10. I try to get her to help me do things and she has. She had helped me bleed brakes and change tires and things like that but it seems she feels it boring. But maybe as she gets closer to being able to drive, that will help inspire her? I would like it if she was a car girl someday. I even have a special little Valiant I have saved for her and I would love for her to drive around when she is old enough. But if not, maybe I'll have granddaughter someday who will love it...

Like I always say, if you have a welder, grinder and or plasma cutter, you can make anything fit anywhere.

Or as Jeff Foxworthy says "You can put a schoolbus in a doghouse with enough KY Jelly".

-
Back