Will mustang, bronco, ranger 8.8 fit?

-

Wilnutt

Reaction score
i'im wonderin' what year ford vehicles will fit my demon? will mustang 8.8's fit?aren't teh different mustang 8.8's different? if so how? and would cuttin' the housin' be necessary? and can you cut the axles? if not..where could you get some? i'm just neein' a complete rundown..i'm stupid when it comes to rears...but mopars are too hard to find and too expensive near me :-(

I've heard about the Bronco rear swap into an A-body. I think there's a website with all the dimensions. I'll try to find it.

Here's a shot of a stock A-body 8 3/4" and a Ford 9", not sure what it's from. The guy says it's 3/8" wider.

rearends.jpg

There was a guy who used a rear end out of an Explorer. I don't remember if the thread was on here or another board. The guy said it was an easy install.

Looks like a spring pearch move inbaord and careful wheel measurements. Possible narrowing of other rears would make it cost some. But it would fit anything then.

i thought i saw that b4...now i just need to stya patent if i want discs...should i go discs or stay drums ya'll think?

Do you have drums or disc on the front? Would there be a problem with the rear wheels locking up due to more stopping power than the front possibly?( if you had drums on the front) I have drums on my conversion so I dont have an idea how discs would act. If it doesnt matter then I would go disc. I would rather do a disc brake job than a drum brake job any day.

-
Back