Will w2/w5 rockers fit T/A heads??

-
yes..that books says you can....go for it..and let us all know...

So you have never heard anything like that before? I can see it working if you drilled out the pushrods holes more to make room for the extra .275 of offset, but I don't see how it would clear as is. Do you know if they will work on a stock shaft that uses hydraulic stamp steel rockers, or do I need special banana groove ones?

yes..they will work on a standard shaft....

you would have to mock it up to see if the pushrods do not rub with the extra offset...

Sleepyhead416, If you don't mind, I would appreciate it. If you could, try and stick a pushrod in it and see if it fits at all.

OK Guy's I checked them out. OFFSET on INTAKES is to great. Here's some pics. I'll correct e-bay ad. I did mock up on short block forgot to get that pic.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 279
  • 002.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 326
I used W2 rockers and new shafts with T/A heads, bought them all from Dick Landys place when I was over in the States, never got the rockers when I bought the heads, we spent hours turning the motor over in my mates kitchen to get the pushrods to clear enough, thought we did a good job on it, but we kept bending 2 of them, but only when the motor went above 6000rpm though, must've been a tad out on those 2, it can be made to work well if you do a beter job than we did

I could make them work also. BUT this is for a restoration. I think he wants correct parts since people don't have X-RAY vision.

a little grinding on the heads for pushrod clearance. I do not like the extra offset if not needed-less efficient. keep looking for t a intake rockers

what about redrilling the intake pushrod tunnels back to the stock location?

Drilling them would require a tube that needs to be sealed to keep oil out of the intake runner. While in do see this as possible, I don't see this as a good thing myself. I don't know how small or large of a sleeve would be needed to clear the pushrods and just how far into the head will the pinch create? More than stock? Less than stock?

Check with Hughes engines on there off set rockers. I do believe the offset is less than the listed offset above.

Does stock heads have tubes in their pushrod tunnels?...no....so why would redrilling them in the stock location require tubes....???

depends if the intake ports have had the pushrod bump ground down. from mopar the grinding was not done inside the ports. and as usual, it all depends on the budget $ Harland Sharp T. A. rockers

-
Back