Wind therapy

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Decided I need some seat time. I started to tear this thing apart
bike.jpg

to use what I could on the other frame I bought many years ago but decided to let the other bike wait. Waiting on some throttle parts that vanished...and a new rear tire. Has a 250/40-18 on it. Been 6 years or so since I bought one. Used to go to see Jims Custom Cycles but he has retired. Went to a guy one of my drag racing buddies uses. Price has almost doubled. At first look I was told I was out of luck, none in any of the warehouse inventory anywhere. He called me back about an hour later, there is 1 tire in Nevada. Hoping that by next weekend I atleast get it running and back on the ground.

I ride, but am giving it up. It's not fun anymore.
I should...but every time I try I just end up on a bike. I blame it on my mothers side of the family. My grandpa and 2 uncles were part of a bike group in the 50's. The group eventually became the Pagans. Lot of my mothers memories were being on the back of her dads Triumph running from the law. My grandpa was the caretaker at a Cemetery. My Uncle George told me many stories of how after his mom passed away the living room of the house they stayed in became the garage for all of there buddies. The thing that I really miss about not being on a bike is the being all alone feeling. Does my head issues good.

I should...but every time I try I just end up on a bike. I blame it on my mothers side of the family. My grandpa and 2 uncles were part of a bike group in the 50's. The group eventually became the Pagans. Lot of my mothers memories were being on the back of her dads Triumph running from the law. My grandpa was the caretaker at a Cemetery. My Uncle George told me many stories of how after his mom passed away the living room of the house they stayed in became the garage for all of there buddies. The thing that I really miss about not being on a bike is the being all alone feeling. Does my head issues good.
I did a vacation earlier this year...after four near-death experiences on 2-lane roads, I realized I'm done. I haven't ridden in about a month...and have no real desire to. It's not fun anymore.

Decided I need some seat time. I started to tear this thing apart
View attachment 1715953639
to use what I could on the other frame I bought many years ago but decided to let the other bike wait. Waiting on some throttle parts that vanished...and a new rear tire. Has a 250/40-18 on it. Been 6 years or so since I bought one. Used to go to see Jims Custom Cycles but he has retired. Went to a guy one of my drag racing buddies uses. Price has almost doubled. At first look I was told I was out of luck, none in any of the warehouse inventory anywhere. He called me back about an hour later, there is 1 tire in Nevada. Hoping that by next weekend I atleast get it running and back on the ground.

What is the model and year? Looks awesome from the one pic!

I did a vacation earlier this year...after four near-death experiences on 2-lane roads, I realized I'm done. I haven't ridden in about a month...and have no real desire to. It's not fun anymore.

Get a dirt bike. Still get the thrill but you don't have to ride the rode with exception of connection roads. Also, an enduro is a fun way to go if you want to run small roads and dirt roads around the country.
Definitely takes away the threat of death on a constant basis. Nice to ride without worrying about dying at any moment.
But that "dying at any moment" is part of the fun.

What is the model and year? Looks awesome from the one pic!
It is just a Custom Chrome Bike in a Box. 110" 6 speed.
I totally get the fear of death. My Uncle George once told me if/when the day gets here that you are the least bit concerned with what COULD happen that should be the day you stop. I rode in Jersey for 11 years, commuted in Phoenix for 7 straight years and then several times a week. In the first 6 or so weeks I rode in AZ I had several weapons pointed at me...only way I knew how to get to/from work was thru a gang area. Have been hit by a car on the freeway (somehow I did not go down), covered more then 300k miles on 2 wheels. Have had numerous bird strikes. Ran over a marmot few years back. One of the bird strikes was in Northern AZ. I was unaware that I was in an open range area and that a rancher was moving his cattle from one side of the road to the other. I was sitting on the side of the road, changing my shirt and laughing about the absolute mess the bike was when I felt a pounding on the asphalt....there was half a dozen bulls coming my way...
Thing for me is not that I don't fear the worst...it is the rush that makes me feel alive. You can die getting out of bed tomorrow.

Get a dirt bike. Still get the thrill but you don't have to ride the rode with exception of connection roads. Also, an enduro is a fun way to go if you want to run small roads and dirt roads around the country.
Definitely takes away the threat of death on a constant basis. Nice to ride without worrying about dying at any moment.
But that "dying at any moment" is part of the fun.
Nowhere to ride dirt bikes around here.

-
Back