Wix is falling off my list of good filter brands

-
You got that right my'02 explorer FACTORY(as in made in u.s.a.) front wheel bearing lasted 90k the replacements made in China needed to be replaced 4 times cause' they're pieces of ****..

The junk out of China/Japan isn't worth crap that goes for all the shitbox cars they produce..i'll walk before ever owning a vehicle made by a foreign automaker:violent1::violent1::violent1:

all that walking is gonna wear out your shoes. then you gotta buy Chinese shoes. you can use your Japanese computer to look up who makes shoes in America. :blob:

all that walking is gonna wear out your shoes. then you gotta buy Chinese shoes. you can use your Japanese computer to look up who makes shoes in America. :blob:

Not walking anywhere..ALL my vehicles are made by an AMERICAN based automaker..no foreign **** allowed in my driveways:violent1::violent1::violent1:

Hate to say it, but the Japanese products- especially automobiles are far more reliable and better quality than what's produced anywhere else including the U.S.A. Been that way for decades. Japan's quality control standards are higher, both in Japan and their plants over here. Korean products and a lot of the products coming out of Taiwan are not far behind either. I wish it weren't true but it is!

The company I work for (makes cereal) is modeling their quality /production standards after Toyota's business model.

there is a wix plant right here in gastonia nc.... doesnt surprise me though... alot of companies have it brought in on containers from china and then rebox here in the states.. its sad.

With the lower cost of power brought on by the shale oil bonanza I'm seeing a trend reversing mfg going offshore. WSJ and others have reported on it. At my own employer some formerly offshore sourced parts are now sourced from within the States. With the price of power lower here the shipping costs makes going offshore for mfg not as good of a deal as it once was. Perhaps we can put Americans back to work making things.

New Balance best sneakers made..made right here in MASS...

Okay....I don't wanna call anyone stupid. But Japanese standards are high....very high. Like precision engineered high. I don't care if you don't want to support the product because of your murican morales and roots. But let's not call Japanese vehicles whether it's bikes or cars junk these days.

Let's not forget how in 1969 the Honda cb750 sohc just about wiped Harley Davidson and the British motorcycle industry off of the face of the earth with their "junk" that had reliable electric starting, standard disc brakes, leak free oil tight engine cases, and problem free wiring. They wanted the world, And they took it while making everyone else build to a better standard.

Japanese products WERE once crap, but they improved drastically. The Chinese show no interest in improving, and why would they? "We" buy their crap just as it IS!!

This is not about the Japanese. This is about Chinese, Korea, Taiwan, and other "near third world" nations which in some way sell products in the US

I don't see that Wix had any justification, other than "more money." I doubt their margins has been reduced much by import filters. Wix has been in business a very long time, and those of us who buy their products did so with expectations of very good quality. This is a slap in the face to loyal customers of many many years. In my case, DECADES

As a guy who sold auto / truck parts for some 17 years I used to RECOMMEND AND SELL Wix products.

This country(AMERICA) is building automobiles as good as any foreign(crap) automaker out there..Ford F-150 best truck made FORTY plus years,the 2016 is ONLY truck to get a 5-star rating, Chevy Camaro "car of the year"..and anything Cadillac is putting out..

Have to ask...you have a cell phone? TV? DVD player? Fridge? Kinda foolish to boycott something because of where it is made now-a-days....hell, you no doubt started this on a outer from over seas...

Your remark isn't apples to apples. Do you know what a faulty $6 oil filter can do to a $3000 to mega bucks engine? Those other item stand alone, come with a warranty and when they fail aren't likely to do damage elsewhere.

I've torn down Chinese farm equipment and the machining is terrible, welding that looks like a 3 year old did it, poor quality steel, grease/oil seals that fail with little use and much more. I'm with Dan, I'll stay with USA made drive train components if at all possible.

This country(AMERICA) is building automobiles as good as any foreign(crap) automaker out there..Ford F-150 best truck made FORTY plus years,the 2016 is ONLY truck to get a 5-star rating, Chevy Camaro "car of the year"..and anything Cadillac is putting out..

Guess you missed this... click on the link for the full article

Cars made in America? Chrysler, Ford no longer qualify

The full list of Cars.com 2015 American Made Index winners:

• Toyota Camry
  • Toyota Sienna
  • Chevrolet Traverse
  • Honda Odyssey
  • GMC Acadia
  • Buick Enclave
  • Chevrolet Corvette

Fyi, the last pair of Redwing boots I owned were made in China. I fell for that "same quality" crap.
The soles fell off the first time I wore them. Returned them, and won't go back, even if Redwings comes back to USA. They don't get a second chance. Now I have Bellevilles and they're better in every way, And they're Berry Act compliant!

Everything car wise is international now, but the Chinese standards are to low to accept. And I will always pick something that is as American as possible. Bought a husqvarna lawn mower last night. Made in USA, motor made in USA. To me, that's more American than the other mowers that were "rooted" in USA, but would not come clean about their origin. They're assembled in USA of global components, but the parent company not being based in the US anymore, combined with sketchy wording and poor design, wrote them off.

I wouldn't have even looked to see the poor design if the rooted in USA stuff hadn't caught my eye.

Must be me coming from motorcycles. Someone on advrider has a V Strom 1000...which is a Japanese Vtwin with 430,000 miles with very little oil usage...6k intervals with cheapie oil and fram filters. That's a quality product. Don't know to many twin cam Harleys that make it to 1/4 that without even chewing cam chain tensioners to bits.

**** even Japanese efi systems are flawless. Honda build their own pgm f.i. in house. Way better than the magnetti marelli crap I have dealt with...which MOPAR parts dept are full of now...

Last edited:
Americans can design better...

Japanese are more disciplined in manufacturing and don't cut corners and do it right...

"Upper management" likes to cut things to the bone, including things that affect quality in pursuit of pinching every penny of profit (for the 'stock holders')...

Chinese stuff you just cant trust, sometimes stupid things happen like a piece of the metal screen falls off and down the carb for example. A cheap filter ends up costing more$ or in the least case, the part doesn't even fit right and you spend an hour modding it to fit, again cheap costs $$$

They all make good ones and bad ones. But I have resigned myself to only buy from domestic auto makers. I know all their parts are not made here and some of the entire cars are made in Mexico or Canada, but it is the closest thing to buying American we can do so I do it.

-
Back