Worthless Truck Drivers!

-
Personally, when those ****-for-brains people, who have had the same opportunity to read the "left lane ends 2 miles ahead" as I have, decide to try to pass me in the last 200 feet, I WILL run them into the Jersey barrier if they really want me to. If you or they cannot exercise enough forethought to pass well before the merge, then fall in line. Arrogant little crybabies that wait till the last minute should be left sitting stranded in the lane that ended with the signal on till all those who have a clue about how to drive have safely passed. Go ahead and write down the plate number, and the company name. You musta been in my blind spot, jerk.

Some of us in cars that have already merged and are waiting their turn in traffic, do appreciate when truckers block those guys out, even though we have no way of telling you at the time.

Like I said earlier, I prefer to drive at night when it's mostly just me and the truckers. I have no problem getting along with the truckers. It's a-holes that weave in and out of traffic and try to cut in at the last minute when the lane merges that make it more difficult for everyone else around to drive.

Some people don't realize that if it wasn't for truckers, we would not have the things in our life that we do today. Everything in our house, including the computer that you are using right now has been on a truck at least once before getting to us, most likely 4 - 5 times before it gets to the consumer from raw materials to finished product. What about the fruits and veges that are grown in other parts of the country/world that aren't available locally, get to our supermarkets by truck so we can eat a balanced diet, even during the winter? Most things that we buy in any store have been shipped on a truck to that store at least. Especially now that all of the jobs have been sent out of our country (Mexico, China, Japan, etc...) Many people don't appreciate what truckers do for us and take them for granted, or even look down on them as if they were not as good as us. I do appreciate truckers and what they do for us.

That's why I will break and slow down to let them in my lane if I see they have their turn signal on. They are driving that HUGE rig and it is not easy to get through traffic. I would hate to have to drive one of those huge things in heavy traffic myself. So I don't mind flashing my brights to signal them to go in front of me. They ALWAYS move over as soon as they pass the obstacle in the other lane and let me go on my way. So what, I loose one minute. Big deal. I can always kick it up another 5 - 10 mph to make it up if I really have to.

Truckers are under appreciated....

Some of us in cars that have already merged and are waiting their turn in traffic, do appreciate when truckers block those guys out, even though we have no way of telling you at the time.

Precisely.

Like I said earlier, I prefer to drive at night when it's mostly just me and the truckers. I have no problem getting along with the truckers. It's a-holes that weave in and out of traffic and try to cut in at the last minute when the lane merges that make it more difficult for everyone else around to drive.

Some people don't realize that if it wasn't for truckers, we would not have the things in our life that we do today. Everything in our house, including the computer that you are using right now has been on a truck at least once before getting to us, most likely 4 - 5 times before it gets to the consumer from raw materials to finished product. What about the fruits and veges that are grown in other parts of the country/world that aren't available locally, get to our supermarkets by truck so we can eat a balanced diet, even during the winter? Most things that we buy in any store have been shipped on a truck to that store at least. Especially now that all of the jobs have been sent out of our country (Mexico, China, Japan, etc...) Many people don't appreciate what truckers do for us and take them for granted, or even look down on them as if they were not as good as us. I do appreciate truckers and what they do for us.

That's why I will break and slow down to let them in my lane if I see they have their turn signal on. They are driving that HUGE rig and it is not easy to get through traffic. I would hate to have to drive one of those huge things in heavy traffic myself. So I don't mind flashing my brights to signal them to go in front of me. They ALWAYS move over as soon as they pass the obstacle in the other lane and let me go on my way. So what, I loose one minute. Big deal. I can always kick it up another 5 - 10 mph to make it up if I really have to.

Truckers are under appreciated....[/QUOTE]

Very true...

Also, the interstate systems (originally designed and built for military use) would not be as extensive, nor as well populated with driver's conveniences if it were not for truckers, and the business the create, while hauling the country's business.

Wow, I did not want to open this thread (not wanting to read a negative post) but I did and I am happy to see a great story being posted about our truck drivers
Same here guys, I like the night time driving much better because the truck drivers keep it neat to drive with and not jump around from lane to lane. Thank you Bad Sport :color:

And you could also try bawling to your mommy that the big bully isn't letting you poop in his ice cream. Personally, when those ****-for-brains people, who have had the same opportunity to read the "left lane ends 2 miles ahead" as I have, decide to try to pass me in the last 200 feet, I WILL run them into the Jersey barrier if they really want me to. If you or they cannot exercise enough forethought to pass well before the merge, then fall in line. Arrogant little crybabies that wait till the last minute should be left sitting stranded in the lane that ended with the signal on till all those who have a clue about how to drive have safely passed. Go ahead and write down the plate number, and the company name. You musta been in my blind spot, jerk.

Psychopaths like you are why I am truly pondering beginning to carry a loaded SHOTGUN in my console.

As for the velocity comment, The company I drive for just bought a 1999 Western Star 28' triaxle flatbed with a 600 horse 3606e cat in front of an 18 speed Eaton. It gets up to 85 in the blink of an eye and will run up and down hills all day long at 70. I consider myself a courteous driver but there are some truckers that are not. I had a Waste Management idiot try to push me into a semi passing on my left as he was "merging" onto I-71 last Fri. I never realized how many illiterate people their are in this country until I started trucking 2 years ago. I have made so many new friends that tell me I'm No. 1 because I read and heed all road signs - especially Speed LIMITS! I am real fond of the Autobahn A$$holes that run up behind you and weave back and forth flashing their headlights when you are running the speed limit and passing a slower vehicle. I really love it when they do this when trucks are directed to slow down and use the left lane in construction zones. They can't read the signs let alone understand that heavy trucks on a temporary lane built on the shoulder will collapse it and choke things down to one lane - then they will be cursing out the trucks for doing it! As for speed limits - I think too many people watch Duck Dynasty and agree with Uncle Cy who told his niece that speed limits are just a suggestion!

As for speed limits - I think too many people watch Duck Dynasty and agree with Uncle Cy who told his niece that speed limits are just a suggestion!

I've said that North and South Carolina should save the money they spend on speed limit signs and use it to fix the road. No one down there drives the speed limit anyway. Consequently they also have some of the highest accident rates in the country.

Psychopaths like you are why I am truly pondering beginning to carry a loaded SHOTGUN in my console.
To shoot the signs? So that when they are missing or illegible you have an excuse for passing in the last 25 feet before the hammer lane ends? Bet that shotgun is hard to aim if you're upside down in the median.

-
Back