Would you treat a customer this way?...

-
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the (mostly)positive support. I actually did send a reply, with some positive and constructive advise with regard to customer service and even an apology for striking such a nerve... I will not go into the details of "the vendors" response, as it only confirmed his ignorance. I do not, plan to get into a right vs. wrong battle with this gentleman, and in fact, as one of the posters noted, I would gladly pay $500.00 for the correct carb to complete my restoration.

"Never get into an argument with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"....

I also did not intend to debate my reading comprehension skills. I have always asked for help/service/information/parts/etc... even if it is not on the "menu" because, if you don't ask, you will never know.

Thanks again for your support and for those of you who have emailed me for further info, I will answer them all, ASAP

Chris Robson

This vendor is one unit short of being man by responding the way he did and obviously lying about it costing him $5, if it did his cranky *** would not have replied.

Just curious, explain this assclown reference.lol

Its like saying Butt Pirate only better. LOL

Wait a minute. This guy is in business to sell complete carbs. His web site says no parts. Don't get all pissy if he doesn't want to sell you a part. If the part is rare, keep looking or pay the price. I don't Blame him for his attitude
he probably spends alot of time dealing with people that don't take the time to read. Granted he could have handled it better but non of us have ever had a bad day have we? Let it go.

After much debate, I have decided to provide the vendor. I do this only to prevent others from having the same experience I had. What Forum members choose to do with this information is entirely up to them...:yawinkle:

I am sure that as soon as I post this, I will be flooded with posts that I am an A**hole and that "you" have never had any problems and he is the best to deal with, etc....

If that is the case, I would suggest, as a friend, you contact him and personally discuss his Customer Service skills.

VENDOR

Carburetors and More
[email protected]

Chris Robson

Wait a minute. This guy is in business to sell complete carbs. His web site says no parts. Don't get all pissy if he doesn't want to sell you a part. If the part is rare, keep looking or pay the price. I don't Blame him for his attitude
he probably spends alot of time dealing with people that don't take the time to read. Granted he could have handled it better but non of us have ever had a bad day have we? Let it go.

Its called "the price of doing business". I cant tell you how many times I get calls just so someone that intends to do their remodeling work themself can learn a few things. Or how many times I give quotes that I know are only for insurance purposes and the home owner has no intention of contracting the work. None of it bothers me because eventhough it might be clear that Im not going to make any money off of the person right now, I have faith that they just might hear someone else talking about having work done and might refer us or share the fact that we were courteous in helping them as we did. Anyone that doesnt understand that should stay an employee and never try and own their own business.

Sorry, this is a lame attempt to defend bad customer service. There is no excuse for ANYONE to treat people like this. This toolshed does not deserve anyone's business, I don't care if he's having a bad day or whatever. The internet provides anonymity to people who would not treat each other badly in person.
Even if the person that asked the question did not read the site carefully they do not deserve to have their head bitten off by a vendor. PERIOD. There is no excuse for being a jerk to people who are being polite to you.

never heard of that place.

i think they could have handled it better but damn after seeing the site how much more clear do you need it spelled out for ya that they don't sell parts??

carb.jpg

Is this the same guy that has a tech how to page about rebuilding carbs?

If it is the same guy, I would not be suprized as his website is chalk full of "Don't ask me to repeat myself" comments and comments such as: "Read the entire page before you ask me stupid questions over again because I am retired and I do this for fun to help others, and I am the greatest person in the world and all should bow down before me as nobody else in the world knows carburetors like I do so look no further I am almost God, not quite, but still running for the position."
LOL.

From my initial email to the vendor

..."If this is not possible, do you have the capabilities to rebuild, or repair this carb?"...

They need to change their name then... They might try "Just Carburators"

The name kind of implies it offers more... Speaking of swift.

I sent them an email asking about this attitude to potential customers and got a rather nice response lol. Actually doesnt surprise me based on what Chris initially posted. This is 1 of the few issues in life that just burns me to no extent. Well heres their response. Kind of nice to see what they think of so many of us. I especially enjoy the part where they compare their services to that of a Dr. or lawyer (didnt realise you needed 6-8 years of expensive college to sell and rebuild cards) Enjoy the reading!!

We sell carburetors. No parts seller tells customers what to buy. Not
even Wal mart.
Professionals such as doctors and lawyers do not give free advice. They
do not want to be liable and neither do we.
Wanna be mechanics that need technical advice are a danger to them
selves and others and we don't want to help them.
Thanks for the free advertising on the bull corn board.
Linda.

I also forgot. Thanks for letting the wanna be mechanics and mooches
NOT call us for free advice.
It cost us money every time they call or email us. It takes away from
time from our real customers.

I think that they ought to take their response and have it put on banners to hang around their shop and adopt it as their company motto :-D

I sent them an email asking about this attitude to potential customers and got a rather nice response lol. Actually doesnt surprise me based on what Chris initially posted. This is 1 of the few issues in life that just burns me to no extent. Well heres their response. Kind of nice to see what they think of so many of us. I especially enjoy the part where they compare their services to that of a Dr. or lawyer (didnt realise you needed 6-8 years of expensive college to sell and rebuild cards) Enjoy the reading!!

We sell carburetors. No parts seller tells customers what to buy. Not
even Wal mart.
Professionals such as doctors and lawyers do not give free advice. They
do not want to be liable and neither do we.
Wanna be mechanics that need technical advice are a danger to them
selves and others and we don't want to help them.
Thanks for the free advertising on the bull corn board.
Linda.

I also forgot. Thanks for letting the wanna be mechanics and mooches
NOT call us for free advice.
It cost us money every time they call or email us. It takes away from
time from our real customers.

I think that they ought to take their response and have it put on banners to hang around their shop and adopt it as their company motto :-D

This guy is a legend in his own mind. LOL

I think we owe it to ALL automotive enthusiasts to post warnings about these Bozos. I suggest that everyone either post a link to this thread or post what you have seen here in all other forums you belong to. Also it would be good to ask the forum members there to "pay it forward". No good turn should go unrewarded. The internet is a powerful tool to get the word out to thousands of potential customers/victims. Let this guy's own words hang him.

Wow, they are either as stupid as the day is long or they already have a good customer base.

It is a gal writing these...? Bet she is fun on a night out.

Characters like Dr. House or Archie Bunker are quite entertaining on TV.
Not plesant to cross paths with in the real world though.
So what's better , everyone sugar coat everything then sign with X's and O's ?
Everyone sign with "Eat $#i+ and die A-hole ! " ?
I choose to just delete some emails and never reply.
Medication helps. LOL

This is just stupid. Why wouldnt that idiot seize the opportunity to try to SELL a complete carb that might have fit the application ? Doesnt matter what it says on the website. Any good sales person would have been thankful that someone was inquiring and at least taken the opportunity before himself to sell a complete unit.

Shows signs of a bad business practices.

response to OHD > There are website addresses on web sites to be able to gain info. He listed part #'s and such which is a proper way to give information that would be right in front of the people.The business could have simply said again " no we dont sell parts.. sorry" If they dont want questions then they shouldnt put a web address on there site. That simple.

I sent them a simple e-mail....we will have to see what they repsond back with. Stay tuned.

:snakeman:

-RPM

Why couldn't you, the poster with ONE post just call the vendor, if you did not understand his website instructions and details?

Take up too much of YOUR time?

Why come out with this answer? and single him out with a overly well noted "ONE" mention. It's belittling. He did try to get someplace with the company via E-mail, as most people do and was slammed hard for his simple effort. After that, why would I or most people try to deal with that company?

Is it you OHD? Your company. It seems along the lines of your type of answer.

I would say that it sounds like you pulled him off his favorite **** site or euchre club game or shopping spree and made him do his job, fielding questions by potential customers. How dare you take up his valuable time trying to get customer service when he obviously has better things to do. What kind of potential customer are you anyway!!! Can't you see he's on the phone with his wife, or girlfriend, or both or hung over or.... well, it's your fault anyway. I think you should post his company information and let the FABO pitbull off the chain. I know I have at least a couple of stupid carbeurator questions to ask him. Like why would I buy a carb from a company you can't ask questions to, and who will answer any questions I may have after the sale. Probably the same jerk!!! Everybody take a look in the carb box in your garage, lets see if we can come up with something for Chris!!!

This type of customer relations needs to be exposed. PLEASE POST THE NAME OF THE REP YOU TALKED TO AND THE NAME OF THE COMPANY. He needs this type of negative exposure so that maybe this will keep me or another FABO member from dealing with this type of vendor. I'm going to Zeprhills swap meet tomorrow, if you tell me the numbers of the carbs that will work for you, I'll see if I can find one. Thanks-----Roy

I do not even bother to answer emails unless it is a REAL customer.

If they do not have the time or money to make a telephone call, then explain in detail what they want, they sure as crap don't have the money to buy anything from me and probably would not know how to use it anyway.

Nice try though....:cheers:

Brand new guy comes in and posts a complaint, sounds like a ringer to me....:happy10: He could have asked where to get X but no he has to explain why he did what he did.....and got a nasty email...boo ******* who, who cares. He could have used his time better just calling the guy, but no has to try to blast the guy on the internet..

Busy people do not have time to chit chat with internet guys...or repeat what is clearly stated on his website..

I think I will call them and see what they got in split dominators, need a couple...

Try National Carb in FL they will fix you right up, there poster...feel better now...

Hmmmm, How do you know a "real" customer without taking time to answer e-mails. I'm just a regular dummy too, but when I e-mail a company, and they return a reply with logical info, and encouragement....I buy! buy! buy!!

Guess you aren't a busy guy, seein's you are beaking off here.

-
Back