Wow. My 64 Valiant is super light

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
Reaction score
Noticed on original title I transferred today of my 64 valiant a listed weight of 2540 lbs. This was as bare bones of a car as you could order so thought with addition of v-8, 8 3/4 rear, disk brakes, etc. that was a pipe dream. Had already planned to go to local landfill scale where friend works today to get an idea but wow.
2787 lbs with 1/4 tank of fuel. That is just sick light.
Takin to last test in tune of season at northeast dragway the 28th and now think mid 7s in 1/8 mile are possible.

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Oldschoolcuda

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 377
And believe it or not,the '61-'62 "toad" valiant,as they have been nicknamed are
about 100# lighter than that as a base model.The base 170 eng. is lighter than the 225 by
roughly 40#,and the 318/340 by 90#,so adding it up w/the rear and heavier trans sounds
right.Have fun with it!! If I could magically transport it I would take the 170 off your hands
(if that's what she came with),But it's a bit too far out for me to get or ship,so....

People are just now starting to realize not only are the early a`s priced right but can be fast little cars.

That's badass. I am sure it will impress with ET.

Unfortunately the addition of me will take her over 3000lbs. Tryin to work on that but with the holidays coming and my second hobby (beer consumption)will be tough. LOL.

Oldschoolcuda

The 360 is approx. ONLY 75lbs. heavier than a /6. Keep as much of the engine as aluminum as possible. You'll stay light. 25 from an intake, 50 from a set of heads, your on your way!

Sounds like a lot of fun for the buck!!!!...BTW...What's the conversion of your expectations of mid 7s in the 1/8th compared to a 1/4 mile time?

-
Back