WWII in HD

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
It just started on the History Channel tonight. I've seen a total of 15 minutes so far and I'm spellbound. I believe that it runs until Saturday and that it's a 5 part series. If anyone here has any interest in history, this is the show to watch. Right now it's about the very start of the war. It's all in HD (which I don't have but it looks phenomenal anyway).

I've seen this seris, and it IS awesome, very well done. Enjoy!

I'm waiting for the Mens hockey to start back up. Canada is kicking Germany *** right now... or so the wife shouts at me once in awhile.

The American vs. Canada hockey game was crazy. I'll be honest, I didn't think we would win before the game started, thought we'd loose during the game and I'm still floored we won.

Canada was awesome. Miller was great!

man i am hooked on almost anything do to with world war II. i bet if they had a WWII channel i would be watching that every moment im home

It does look great in HD. This series had me enthralled back when it first aired. Great show.

Just started watching. Dad was part of the North Africa Campaign. In fact
this was his first combat with the Engineers. Below is their 7
major battles.

Mom_Dad_009_Medium_.JPG

They were awarded a total of 7 Bronze Combat Stars

Mom_Dad_043_Medium_.JPG

Dad died in 1999 R.I.P.

Dad02_Medium_1.jpg

Dad01_Medium_2.jpg

Just started watching. Dad was part of the North Africa Campaign. In fact
this was his first combat with the Engineers. Below is their 7
major battles.

Mom_Dad_009_Medium_.JPG

They were awarded a total of 7 Bronze Combat Stars

Mom_Dad_043_Medium_.JPG

Dad died in 1999 R.I.P.

Dad02_Medium_1.jpg

Dad01_Medium_2.jpg

Tony, I hope your dad is still with you. Either way he has the thanks of many. A Very high ranking German general gave the most credit to Allied Combat Engineers for the victory in Europe. I know you're proud as hell.

Just started watching. Dad was part of the North Africa Campaign.

My condolences and never ending respect and gratitude for what your father had done.

My dad fought in the Pacific Theater. Guam and Bogainville were among the 3 islands my dad battled for, the 3rd escapes me at this present moment.

Thanks guys.

He was a good person.

Thanks for starting this thread. Lots of good info.

My apologies, I missed the date of his passing. For you and Joe and all the families: May brave and honorable men rest in peace knowing their service is appreciated.

I love history and I am 3rd generation military. My grandfater in WWII (glider pilot), my dad in Vietnam (UDT/Seals) and myself in operation desert storm (Aviation Electrician in a search and rescue squadron). We are all still alive and kickin' ***. Ramcharger I watched this series when they showed it last time and it really moved me. I found myself sitting in my basement in tears at times and I don't cry. Great series.

I love history and I am 3rd generation military. My grandfater in WWII (glider pilot), my dad in Vietnam (UDT/Seals) and myself in operation desert storm (Aviation Electrician in a search and rescue squadron). We are all still alive and kickin' ***. Ramcharger I watched this series when they showed it last time and it really moved me. I found myself sitting in my basement in tears at times and I don't cry. Great series.

Thank you and your family for your service. I have a friend that was in
the UDT/Seals. His name was Chief James Watson...plank owner of Seal Team 2

He now lives in Florida.

http://www.navysealmuseum.com/news.4.09.06.php

http://www.nightscribe.com/Military/seals/james_patches_watson.htm

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=y...e=W3i_YT,134,1_65,Search,20100209,6309,0,15,0

-
Back