Zombie Dart! '72 Dodge Dart

-
Here are the pics as promised.

The pie-tin/headlight bucket is held in by the bracket bolted (welded on for all other a-bodies) to the fender by the two adjuster screws and a spring. Once the bracket is holding the bucket the headlight goes in and the ring goes over the headlight to hold it to the bucket by 3 screws. Then the bezel goes over the whole assy. and is held on by 4 screws.

Attachments

• 1124001311.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 463
  • 1124001311a.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 473
  • 1124001311b.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 470
  • 1124001312.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 454
  • 1124001312a.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 461
  • 1124001312b.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 463
  • 1124001313.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 446
  • 1124001313a.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 465
Thanks y'all for the help so far. But now no fuel is entering the carb, Imma drop the gas tank and clean it up I hope that fixes the problem. The car only runs for about 30 seconds and dies from lack of fuel. So I think the gas tank may be it. Any suggestions on how to fix and track the problem? I feel like such a damn idiot

make sure it has gas! lol. did you get the parts i sent out?

DARTT, keep it up man, Its looking good to me. I love zombies :toothy10:

I had the same problem with my 75, when I dropped the tank I found a tiny hole in the line to the sender, fixed it but still no gas to the carb. Changed the sending unit, still not it. I had already replaced the fuel pump so that wasnt it. I Couldnt figure it out until I thought maybe it might be the fuel filter, sure enough the new one I put on clogged up. Swapped it out and then it ran like a champ.

I had the same problem with my 75, when I dropped the tank I found a tiny hole in the line to the sender, fixed it but still no gas to the carb. Changed the sending unit, still not it. I had already replaced the fuel pump so that wasnt it. I Couldnt figure it out until I thought maybe it might be the fuel filter, sure enough the new one I put on clogged up. Swapped it out and then it ran like a champ.
Yeah, I was thinking if I fixed up the fuel system, I should be good. I need to clean my tank cuz all the gas that came out of the fuel filter was rusty. Like it evaporated and left a giant pile of rust. So I think my gas tank needs a good cleaning and a new fuel filter and I will be okay. A carb rebuild would surely help too, but thats currently out of the question

You should also plan on replacing the fuel pump in the future if the car has been sitting for a while. Not running + the new crappy fuel = leaky pump.

You should also plan on replacing the fuel pump in the future if the car has been sitting for a while. Not running + the new crappy fuel = leaky pump.
I have one down in Fort Valley, I wish I had my parts up here right about now. But, I planned on changing it out to the one pettybludart sent me when I get it down there first thing.

Man, Cosgig is my hero!!! So is search on here, now I know how to reuse my gas tank.:cheers:

First, take the sending unit out and plug the filler neck hole. Then, take your garden hose with a sprayer and hose the thing out through the sending unit hole. Dump all of the water out and let it dry. It should be good to throw out, but I doubt the garbage man will take it. Drop it off at your local scrap yard, they probably have a pile of them. Is it too wasted to re-use?? If it doesn't leak, it can be cleaned and resealed using the Eastwood gas tank kit, or just cleaned out using muriatic acid from the hardware store if it's just rusty inside. I have cleaned and re-used many tanks over the years using these 2 methods. Good luck with your project. Geof

I really really hope I get my car running. the gas tank will be getting dropped on friday most likely and I will also get a new fuel filter too. I really hope this fixes it. I need my car and feel like dirt not being able to go see my girlfriend or seek employment:cry:

Wow... I clicked on this thread from your Birthday thread and got so caught up I had to read each post, each page till the end. Lots of great folks on here !!!!! I wish I lived closer to help with the labor part, I don't really have any part's laying around, none that would make a difference anyway....... but I think its so cool that you are so Hyped to get it done and that there are so many people willing to help. And the fact it bothered you that a member was up set with another member and you spoke with both of them to help smooth it out make's you and outstanding person.

Wow... I clicked on this thread from your Birthday thread and got so caught up I had to read each post, each page till the end. Lots of great folks on here !!!!! I wish I lived closer to help with the labor part, I don't really have any part's laying around, none that would make a difference anyway....... but I think its so cool that you are so Hyped to get it done and that there are so many people willing to help. And the fact it bothered you that a member was up set with another member and you spoke with both of them to help smooth it out make's you and outstanding person.
Thanks man! That means alot to me! Yeah, Im trying to stay hyped and do as much as I possibly can in one day. So far, the weather today has been horrible so I can't do anything really.:angry7:

hey dartt... im gonna try to mail your bezels tomorrow.. it has been very busy last few days and holiday thrown in

hey dartt... im gonna try to mail your bezels tomorrow.. it has been very busy last few days and holiday thrown in

No worries. i wont be able to touch my Dart til Monday as my living arrangements have taken a sudden turn. I'd hate to bring the drama on the board either. Thanks racekilla, you really rock!:-D

Hope your "living arrangement" issue is resolved...the enthusiasm, and your progress, is missed....PLUS..this thread is super entertaining.

What happened to the Dart from Bruce? I missed something.

Hope your "living arrangement" issue is resolved...the enthusiasm, and your progress, is missed....PLUS..this thread is super entertaining.

What happened to the Dart from Bruce? I missed something.

Ehhhh, things kinda went south and I was at fault for it. It still exists, just no longer is mine or will ever be mine.

My living arrangement issue has been resolved now and there should be some updates coming later today.8)
Thanks Prine!! I was wondering where you disappeared to!

Hows the dart coming along, road worthy yet?? It's been to freakin' cold to work on my gasser lately....

Is that thing on the road yet, Mike?
The gas tank is currently stuck on the filler neck so its looking like I need the O-ring from gas tank to filler neck if it is still stubborn tomorrow cuz Imma cut it. Ive tried everything to get it off on my own. I am also still lacking some brake parts. StrokerScamp told me that my MC was bad so its gonna be used as a core to get another one. Another cost. But after this crap is over with, it'll be on the road. Hopefully after that it will net me a job to make more improvements. I just finished my English final less than an hour ago so school will be over with at the end of this week, netting me more time to work on it. Also, constant doctors appointments will soon be coming to a halt I hope at the end of this week.:angry7:

Sorry for the delays and bugging all of you guys. I'm sorry about all this.:sad1:

even though you had no curtousy to reply to my last pm, i will still be sending you those headlight bucket from badlilred, as soon as they get here. plot

Sounds like it's coming along good! I take it the weather where you are is still allowing for outside work?

I put my caliper in my solvent tank and left it there. Brrrrrr!

Sounds like it's coming along good! I take it the weather where you are is still allowing for outside work?

I put my caliper in my solvent tank and left it there. Brrrrrr!
Oh no, its still freezing here but that's not gonna stop me.8) Tomorrow I will get some pics up of the progress. Imma try and knock out everything I can tomorrow:spiderma:

-
Back