‘60 Valiant inside Door handle clip removal Tool

-

Ronusny

Valiants Rule.
Reaction score
Hi everyone-

I got a 1960 Plymouth Valiant 200.
Where can I get the tool to remove the inside door handle and window crank clips?

33ECAF12-861B-487E-8D71-7193B3FDE2D6.jpeg

D43AE5C0-EB96-4E21-9DE2-4465EB0A6E70.jpeg

Tough to find but not necessary. An 1/8" thick piece of flat stock a couple inches long with about a 20- 30 degree bend in the last 1/4 inch will allow you to depress the retaining tang. you'll actually want to push the tang toward the mounting shaft, keeping it depressed while wiggling the handle off. There are springs behing the actual door panel you'll have to depress by pushing on the face of the door panel to see the clip and its retaining tang. I have used the tire removal tool from my 10 speed bicycles tool kit for years because it has the general shape described above. A flat tool, like a screw driver for example, usually does more harm than good. The little bend on the end really helps. If you go so far as removing the door panel, I would not reinstall those springs behind. the panel. You can use an appropriate thickness of foam to take up the gap betwen the door panel and the handle when those springs are left out. Once you get your handles off you'll see the damage these overly strong springs have done to the door panel by mashing it into the the handles base.

-
Back