‘66 Barracuda Door Seals

-

clifftt

Reaction score
I have new door surround weatherstrips, but not these. These attach to the front edge of the door, at the top by the vent glass and go just past the upper door hinge - about 29” long. I checked Steele’s catalog, Classic Industries, Legendary Interiors ... no luck. Anyone else run into this?

2C843F70-9711-4FB8-BB46-2642B485769B.jpeg

2A8C91D8-C199-4B96-983A-AD705A9A4E30.jpeg

Would you use those on a 2 door post?

Yup even the 4doors got em.

Where did you go for the door surround weatherstrips? I need to do mine too

are you going restoration? 149.00 or so(black or colored and cloth backed). if you don't mind black grained plastic instead of color , a set of 1992 dodge d250 ram truck door seals for about 49.00 or chevy S-10 seals at a similar price. all the sets I have used including the reproduction colored ones were a bit too big in the bulb seal area and made the door harder to close and line up right. from bigger size to smaller size goes like this
s-10 biggest bulb and a bit stiffer.(friend of mine took about a year to align the bottom corner on his 65 hardtop)
dodge ram truck 1989-1993 still a bit bigger but sofer and easier to line up (mine a 66 dart convertible, took 6 months before the bottom corner molded into place)
stock (red colored [email protected])replacement on a neighbors 64 was the same size as the 92 ram truck seals but was colored and still took 8 month for the bottom rear corner to mold into shape(ohh he wore some of the color off in the lower curved section by the sill plate from opening and closing the door) SEMS red vinyl dye was a really close match to fix it.

Last edited:
-
Back