‘67 Barracuda hood not “aligning”

-

Bobacuda

Reaction score
The gaps are consistent on all 4 sides of the hood, but the hood looks like it is bowing up at the cowl and the sides. The sides of the hood look like they are bowing up, hitting on the side bumpers (and they’re too stiff).

Is the answer to realign at the cowl? Or is it possible the new cowl seal and side bumpers are too stiff?

LOL, in an act of frustration, I put the side bumpers in bondage and it has helped a bit (see photo). Has me tempted to cut the hood bumpers to allow them to collapse.

Thanks in advance.
48A8418C-7FCB-4737-BDB7-33101D54C930.jpeg

I have a large container of hood bumpers from stripping cars for many years. You would not believe all the different thicknesses.

Brand new side bumpers I find too big, creating to alignment problem you describe. I re-used my old ones since they were partially collapsed. That fixed it.

Align it without any bumpers except for the round adjustable ones. Ive had it to where i couldnt use the side ones. Loosen all the top bolts & the ones on the rad support. Align it to the cowl the best you can. Then align the fenders. There is more side to side movement on the fenders than the hood. Just watch the alignment on the fender & door. Id take off all the bumpers & seals & then see if the hood still bows.

I`ve recently noticed the same on my 67, where I never noticed it before.
Like the hood is bowed up in the middle and the fenders are bowed down each side.
Extreme heat? Mine is outdoors under a heavy cover always. when it`s really hot the choke spring expands itself without power.:realcrazy:

I`ve recently noticed the same on my 67, where I never noticed it before.
Like the hood is bowed up in the middle and the fenders are bowed down each side.
Extreme heat? Mine is outdoors under a heavy cover always. when it`s really hot the choke spring expands itself without power.:realcrazy:
Wow!

You know that is how mopars are made don't you? Tweek and tune it to the best of your ability. Then run it like it is.

Doors kicking out at the bottoms. Windshield gaps around the the Dodge Truck's wider at the bottoms than the tops, so you fill in the gaps with windshield caulking and paint to match.

Dart's Fender to cowl out of whack.

That's a mopar, thank god the engineers got the drive line right. That is where they put all of their efforts.

20220724_202529.jpg

Not only that but A body hinges are the biggest POS in the world, especially compared to B bodies, which as far as I remember, were pretty much fully adjustable.

-
Back