“Most documented” Hemi Charger heads to auction

-
I would say not , i had a 70 Charger R/T S/E for 20 years , mine had an f8 green interior .I would say that is black .

Attachments

• Rickey Car (800x538) (640x430).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 426
It looks green in the link pics...kinda like a Christmas car....
Dont get me wrong I like chargers with green interior..
My first car... Ew1 with green interior..SE..383 mag..6 way seat ...power discs...A/C...tictock tach...light pkg...tow pkg... Handling pkg...magnum 500s..buckets ... Heavy duty 727 ... 3.23s...plus some other junk

Still in my garage...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 400
I have known this car since it was brand new. If you have read any of the articles on this car over the last 2 decades you would have read my name...John Ehnat. I was the one that found the dealer paperwork and documents and gave them to Steve who is the current owner. My dad is the one who did the new car prep when the Charger was sold to it's original owner Ricky Wickberg. I am still friends with the second owner, and of course the current owner. I started a thread about this car about 4 years ago when the original selling dealership was closing...and I was losing my job in the process. Here is a picture of my dad and I with the car a few years ago.

Attachments

• me@dad.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 374
I would rather have less "but enough" documentation and a numbers matching engine than a non-numbers Hemi, with a butt load of documentation.

I have known this car since it was brand new. If you have read any of the articles on this car over the last 2 decades you would have read my name...John Ehnat. I was the one that found the dealer paperwork and documents and gave them to Steve who is the current owner. My dad is the one who did the new car prep when the Charger was sold to it's original owner Ricky Wickberg. I am still friends with the second owner, and of course the current owner. I started a thread about this car about 4 years ago when the original selling dealership was closing...and I was losing my job in the process. Here is a picture of my dad and I with the car a few years ago.

:thumleft: Now that's an awesome story.......Thanks for posting more info.

The interior looks black to me!

Thanks for the link John. I read the whole thread LOL :read2:!! Great story & looks to ME like Steve owes you a beer or pizza or 2 :smile:

It'll be interesting to see what this car brings @ auction. He doesn't mention why he's selling it ?

When i first gave him all the documents, a few people told me I should sell them to him. I never even thought of doing that. I had something that belonged with that car...and I made sure it got there. And, got a good friend out of the deal. I also found dealer folders for dozens of R/T's, superbee's six packs and,yes 340 A bodies. I just wish i still some...remember, that was over 20 years ago.

I looked at that car back in 80's when it was for sale in Metchen NJ, the car was for sale with a blown engine -ie damaged the pistons where installed wrong. It came Suburban Dodge if I remember right. The only reason I did not buy back in the 80's Hemi parts where not to easy to find and very costly. So I bought a 1970 Mach 1 with 428 Super Cobra Jet , built by Hollman & Moody. I bought that car for $2500 with 2200 miles on!

If it was that car it must have been earlier than that. When Steve Martin blew the Hemi by assembling it incorrectly, it sat in his driveway (in Edison) only a short time before he sold it to Pete Ionelli in very early 1979. The current owner, also named Steve, bought it in 1987 but not from Metuchen. Pete also have a couple other hemi cars, as well as some COPO chevys... some really cool cars.

The charger just crossed the block, and sold for $200K. Steve lifted the reserve and let it go.

-
Back