&$”#%#**# retractable seat belt

-

Ahoey

Reaction score
Sometimes it takes 10 min to get seat belt on or so it seems. Wondering if anybody else has had this problem I’ve had the retractors apart everything looks ok cleaned it all works a bit better but still. Is this another one of those Chrysler engineering feats we run into every once in a while.

Yes passenger side of the dart, dam cam wont lock in on the first few tries.

FWIW, I installed aftermarket belts and the instructions state that the retractor must be either straight up or straight sideways. After putting it straight up, I have not had a problem. These are aftermarket 3 point belts from summit.

FWIW, I installed aftermarket belts and the instructions state that the retractor must be either straight up or straight sideways. After putting it straight up, I have not had a problem. These are aftermarket 3 point belts from summit.
Post a link to the aftermarket 3-point belts, I need to upgrade the ones in my Duster.

Does this pic work
84CAD15A-DCAD-4CCB-B453-6688144E76EE.jpeg

I'm not sure of your exact year, but, In my experience, the 1974 models were the worst. With two retractors, they always seemed to be fighting each other.

Fi
I'm not sure of your exact year, but, In my experience, the 1974 models were the worst. With two retractors, they always seemed to be fighting each other.[/QUOTE fighting each other wouldn’t be bad but standing at each end of the room and ignoring each other gets old pretty quick

a couple places to get replacements. 1 & 2. my 74' was the same way, needed to pull them slow and steady. any jerking and they lock up :mad:

-
Back