00 Chrysler Concorde whistling sound.. Egr? Exhaust leak?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I'm having issue with my engine making this whistling sound it didn't start until my radiator hose went out and I got the car back not exactly sure what it is. I bought carb cleaner and sprayed everywhere to see if it was a vacuum leak, but there was no change in Idel. I recorded a couple of videos so that you guys can take a look and hear it, I'm not exactly sure what it is. It might be a leak in the EGR gasket or might be an exhaust leak, but it doesn't sound like a belt wine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M2ljicatDw"]Video 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzQzNVRk59g"]Wth is this noise 00 Chrysler Concorde 3.2 - YouTube[/ame]

There is nothing around the radiator area that should be making this noise, its pretty wide open up there. Did you check your air inlet tube for lose connections or cracks ? There is a rubber elbow towards the back of the inlet tube that gets rock hard and will crack easily. Also make sure the pipe is secure to the throttle body good.

There is nothing around the radiator area that should be making this noise, its pretty wide open up there. Did you check your air inlet tube for lose connections or cracks ? There is a rubber elbow towards the back of the inlet tube that gets rock hard and will crack easily. Also make sure the pipe is secure to the throttle body good.

Yes, this only occurs while the car is at operating temp. I also worked on it yesterday and took the intake off, but left the part at the top that connects to TB on and still made the sound. The sound sounds like it's coming from under the car.

I don't know what is causing that noise, but I have a similar noise in 02 Intrepid w 2.7L. It only occurs in cold weather (20F or lower) and only driving at 45-55 mph. It goes away when I change throttle position (more or less gas stops the whistle). It doesn't happen when parked so I can't find it. I'll watch your post to see if you can find your noise. Good luck

you activated the hidden supercharger. you're in the boost now. Lmao.

you know anyone that has a smoke machine to see if its an exhaust leak easier?

It is a bearing take the belt off and see if it goes away. Could be AC pump does it go away when pump is running. Or as stated Alternator , Or a idler pulley. But it does sound like a bearing whistle

hmmm I sprayed the idler pulley with some stuff but still made the sound. It doesn't sound like the car is coming from the front of the car at all, thats the issue.

That thing is making a lot of noise. Do you have a stethoscope? You will find it easy if you use one for that noise. It'll blow your ears out.

-
Back