'00 sebring 2.5 distributor

-

dirty white boy

50 yr old Juvenal delinquent
Reaction score
know its not a A body, sorry, cant find any thing any where else! how in the world do you remove the distributor???? cant get the nut closest to fire wall! just can get a wrench on it no way to pull it!! was gonna replace the coil in it and leave it on but can get the screws out that hold the guts in it down in its tight location ether?? bout ready to shoot this thing in radiator and put the seats in a duster n shoot bullets at whats left!!!

Going out on a limb,pull wipers,remove cover/vent and the wiper housing/cowl comes out with a few bolts.

Nope. Wont work.
Not a clear picture as to what you need to access. I liked the older gms,pull the dog bones and roll engine ahead. I used a ratchet strap.
It looks tough,under the throttle body.

Last edited:
one nut from having it off but still dont know if itll lift out from under all the mess! was gonna jack it up an see if it could be reached from underneath tomorrow

There are videos, throttle cable bracket off and egr disconnected. Up and out past master cylinder. Cap needs to be removed.

well better luck with todays attack! got the screws holding guts in to brake lose and got it all tore down leaving dizzy in motor! now to parts store to order a coil and hope that fixes this thing, makes me love my A bodys D150 alot more!!!

If you find a coil for it post it. I know several on the sebringclub.net board that would like to try it that way. If you have to get a new distributor go with the cardone select. They have the fewest that are bad out of the box.

I do also. There is a ton of information on there that will
be lost.

well, got distributor back together and got fire back to the plugs! wants to run but wont, thinking dead gas its been setting almost a year...

got spark got fuel sound like it wants to start but wont! spray gas in intake and spin it blows big fire ball out intake,..twice thinkin its jumped timing maybe...dwb

I would check the belt and timing. Being an interference engine if it jumped timing you are probably going to have some damaged valves

-
Back