02 sensor data loggers, which do you like

-
Well got my LM-2, spent all weekend on it and still can't get it to read my memory card or allow me to update my firmware.

Have done a lot of searching on the internet (something i'm not vary so good at.) and these are the thing that i have learned, and done that have not fixed it.

must be 4MB or less to work CHECK! bought two 4MB and 2, 2MB memory cards.
Found out that the formatting must be in FAT not FAT32.

Figured out how to do that!(remember, i'm no tech-E) converted all my cards to FAT, controller still don't know the card is in it.

Found a thread that talked about having to update their Firmware to fix this problem. go about doing this following instructions to a tee. make sure it's the "dld" file CHECK.............When i open the file.....it empty!!!!!:banghead:(Note this is were, i my be doing wrong.......I don't know how to do it any different?)
Delete LogWorks 3 software and download it again. same problem!

When it's in BOOT MODE, it show the version as .10 as in 0.10 version.
Update Version is 1.17. I think if i could get that version in there i would fix my problem........but don't know How:banghead:

On a positive note, the 02 works and reads accurately.

OK just to be ACCURATE

Called where i bought unit, called directly to INNOVATE
Innovate NEVER called me back!

Called Tuner Tools and they answered! After suggested that i down load the Firmware off there site did and it loaded this time.....no fix! he suggested that the card need to be formated to the FAT file. had figured out how and did that.....not fixed.

He suggest that i buy a 256mb memory card as it so small that it can not run the FAT32 only FAT!
The owners manual said that the card should only be a FAT or a FAT16

So on to amazon to buy a memory card with a 1/4 of the space for twice the price!#-o

GOT THE CARD TODAY! PLUGGED IT IN, IT RECOGNISED THE CARD, DID A RECORDING, AND WAS ABLE TO PLAY IT BACK!:supz:

Now that it works, time to install it.

For as far as tech has come in the last 20 years it sure is a pain in the backside sometimes, isn't it?
You would have to wonder also if there is a software update that makes the product function why they don't do that crap before you buy it.
I know why, just sayin.

Glad you got it working. My memory card is just a cheap multi-use 2 gb from wally world.

For as far as tech has come in the last 20 years it sure is a pain in the backside sometimes, isn't it?
You would have to wonder also if there is a software update that makes the product function why they don't do that crap before you buy it.
I know why, just sayin.

It wasn't the software or firmware that fix it. this thing uses old technology for the memory card and it don't except the newer HD versions aka FAT32. Instructions say that it had to be a 4GB or smaller but couldn't be HD or SC versions. well the 4 said HD on the package the 2GB didn't say anything about HD but when you opened it up it said HD on the back. Reformating them didn't work.
My wife trying to calm me down, said it just like when you had a CD rom on you computer but it would not read a DVD. So bought the 256MB and took a last stab at it, AND IT WORKED!

Personally i think they need to update there software to the HD version OR supply a memory card with the unit.

were you able to test it against something or with something to confirm its accuracy ?

Nope, nothing hooked up, recorded nothing, and was able to playback nothing,... but the time stamp counting out. It wouldn't even acknowledge that there was even a memory card installed before.
You would hit record and it would say CARD? Hit play back and it would do the same.

Today, its time to start wireing in everything. I did plug in my o2 sensor, calibrate and test in the exhaust pipe of my wife's exploder. It works!!!

-
Back