04 Dodge Rumble Bee advice

-
I was thinking about putting the drivetrain in my 67 Belvedere. That would leave room for the LS. Having worked at a Dodge dealership I know they just put together a lot of other peoples parts and put their name on it. I did learn factory parts are best to use in a stock situation.

It would be a shame to butcher that truck. As it stands, if running OK, you could get 3-4 times what you paid and that would give you enough to buy whatever you want for the 67. Maybe enough for a new crate 6.4..

I was just going along. The truck is getting back on the road as is. I will take my time and go through it from front to back and replace what is required. It will remain stock so who ever gets it next can make it their own.

I was wondering how it went to an LS swap discussion?? Then i realized I had "someone" on ignore LOL.
Looking fwd to seeing progress!
It would be a shame to butcher that truck. As it stands, if running OK, you could get 3-4 times what you paid and that would give you enough to buy whatever you want for the 67. Maybe enough for a new crate 6.4..

I was just going along. The truck is getting back on the road as is. I will take my time and go through it from front to back and replace what is required. It will remain stock so who ever gets it next can make it their own.

I was wondering how it went to an LS swap discussion?? Then i realized I had "someone" on ignore LOL.
Looking fwd to seeing progress!
i was just poking fun at him for posting it in the "new hemi swaps" section
thats got to mean the engine aint staying, doest it?

And I knew it would be the best place to get quality Gen 3 hemi knowledge. Thanks again.

What I have done is pull all the plugs and use the starter to spin the engine until oil pressure comes up. Removing any compression makes it easy & using the starter will get oil pressure up quickly without damaging the engine.

That oil pressure gauge has nothing to do with the amount of pressure, just that you have pressure. On my 05 it always points just above middle line, never varies and I have 95,000 miles on engine.

The gauges in my'00 Dak actually work.

I guess it was cheaper, to save money on so many trucks they sell, to just show some pressure and not the actual pressure.

Had a girlfriend who bought a new Toyota corolla. Had an oil pressure gauge with numbers on it. Scary low oil pressure.
Next year's corolla only had high/low on the gauge.

Quite a few years back I started it and gauge didn't move. I pulled over checked level on dipstick and oil pan was full. The sender went bad and scared the hell out of me, had to be about 7-8 years ago.

Update
Finally got the title and brought the truck home. Treated the cylinders and changed the oil and filter. Started with spray. Ran great with good oil pressure. 10,575 miles. Very clean underneath also. Should have no problem selling this truck when I complete needed maintenance.

20220404_125248.jpg

20220404_130302.jpg

Thanks. It will look even better once I get done and have it detailed on the outside. Interior is perfect.

Trying not to get attached to it. Need a bathroom remodeling more than I need another vehicle.

Now you have proof who drove the truck back in 04. Probably added to the value.

Biffle road in the back of the truck so he could wave at the fans. Hope to have the fuel module replaced this weekend.

I guess maybe the lack of use and stagnant fuel was the cause of that problem. I still think this new stuff has too many things to go bad and cause a no start or run terrible situation. And where do you begin to trouble shoot?

Good morning everybody. Great update on the truck. After swapping the fuel injectors and rail from another engine I have. The truck started up and runs great. Thick white smoke from the tail pipe for a while because of the marvel mystery oil that was put in the cylinders. This month made 14 years the truck had been sitting. Everything works including the AC. Brake rotors are rusty buy the brakes are not locked up but the tires do have flat spots. Drove it through the neighborhood and did great. May have to replace the tires. Should be on the market soon. Thanks for all the positive comments and thoughts about the truck.

Beautiful Rumble Bee!! I had an 04 black 4x4 low number wish I wouldn't have sold it. Enjoy yours!!!

-
Back