06 charger 5.7/trans cuda

-

318fish

Reaction score
Going into a 68 cuda fb.
Will the 5.7 engine and auto trans fit to the stock 318 k member, upgraded with
hotchkis tvs? Not looking to spend another $5k for alterkation.

And what about computer for engine and trans? Wanna keep MDS and slapstick . I wanna drive it , not going to be a street/strip car. Just street.

It's very difficult to get that trans to work. Most swaps use the truck trans.

1968,Guess no ones ever tried it? Ill be the first i guess. Love my charger daytona, jyst want the 68 cuda to run like that!

68 FB would be no different than any other 67 + A body. There are several threads that cover all the stuff you need know. The factory K works but it's very tight, especially at te passenger fender and frame rail to the car ALT. TTI makes mounts and headers for the factory K. Tincup isn't jokin, There isn't a good way to use the car trans, use the truck trans with heavy floor mods or any other SB trans. Simplist ECU is from Hotwire auto, with harness... There are lots of other options, read up in this section and use the search function, it's all been covered.

Ive looked around, with not much luck! Just curious why the auto trans from the charger, is more difficult to make work in older cars, than the truck trans.
If i have a complete car for parts, 5.7, trans, computer, rear end! Just a quik/short answer will be fine. Thx

That is the more diffulcult and expensive way of doing it.

Give us a call during the week and we can point you in the right direction

-
Back